24 - Eric García

Daisymorr

No where near good enough. If you are a small CB then you better be excellent at everything else to make up for it. Like Mascherano.
Garcia is poor all-round.

JamDav1982

Pique plays in way that matches his age.

Wants the freedom to go and try to win ball and tries to organise game to avoid 1v1 defending.

Folk think Pique plays well every game and still poor at back. He is part of the problem and doesnt have legs to play in way any top team would want from a CB.

Been decent recently in his role and better than some others but still a problem if Barca want to improve.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Unfortunate about Araujo's injury that forced the HT sub but even upon his entry, Eric just didn't look to be in the right frame of mind. Was he not expecting to play coming back from injury? The goal he was guilty of, was pretty inexcusable and I have rarely found reason to be critical of the player. Hopefully it was just a question of lacking rhythm/form on his return

I expect him to be great against Valencia as he is a terrific competitor and will want to put this nightmare far in his rearview mirror

Devils

I've never seen a player that is so evident to fail in his position than Eric Garcia.

-He's short
-Built like a string bean
-Has no pace
-Has no physicality, aggression or strength
-Has little no positional awareness
-Has little to no tackling ability

I cannot think of a single central defender of the in the last 20 years who had this many limitations and actually managed to succeed at top level.

The club must have been taking the piss signing this guy. The safest football bet you can make right now is that this guy will be playing for a lower mid table team in about 2 years time.

I mean what a joke.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Yep, as a slow CB you have zero margin on errors. Life is tough like that. You can't mess up once because then you are burned and can't recover.

Raketa10

Our worst CB without a doubt. Marc Bartra looks like a world class defender in comparison with this guy. I know we got him for free but he literally has nothing to give out there. He is slow, short, physically weak and has no positional awareness at all. It's like playing with one player less on the field. I can't believe this guy pays for Spanish NT. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Nazario1985

I dont think claiming that Pique is the best defender of one of the worst barca teams in more than 20 years is the compliment you think it is.

Since Puyol he was/is our Best CB.

FCB never had a world class defense to begin with since early 90's ! it was they score once we score 5 !

Even in the peak of FCB (marques / Puyol ...etc) you could clearly see if the midfield lost control the whole defense starts belly dancing.

FC B

Didn't get the reason behind this signing but I said to myself at least is "for free". Now it's clear for everybody he needs to be ousted from Barca asap, no 4th choice CB no nothing.

Nazario1985

Getting a player for free does not mean he will not ending up with a cost.

If he makes us play like shit / get eliminated / low rank in the league... etc, that's a lot of money

Andresito

Staff member
He's done ok so far tbf.
Was absolute dog crap yesterday though. But he's smart enough to learn from his mistakes so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Home of Barca Fans