24 - Eric García

TheStig

Depends on the person but it is pretty clear Garcia is not in the best physical shape he could be at all. He looks 'skinny-fat'. The fact he weighs 76kg (only a few off Araujo, who's like 4 inches taller) tells you it all, probably much more of that is fat then it should be, as you can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGv2dfTNRo

Most of the fastest players are in amazing shape and ripped af e.g Haaland, Adama, Sane, Davies. So yes if Garcia could get in great shape and get more muscular to add power you can assume he will get reasonably faster.

But a lot of players just never end up doing so like the amigos in the last few years.

This! He could be much fitter, stronger, muscular, even a bit faster which would help him a lot, especially for a CB this is very important. He could become a top class CB but he does not want to work on that enough.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He had a good game and is not as bad as made out. A big talent really.

How did he have a good game? he struggled and was caught out several times in the first half, just glad that the opp players werent able to take advantage for whatever reasons.

He was much better in the 2nd half though but its a stretch to call it good considering it would of cost us against better sides.

Total-Football

Watched enough of eric to say with firm conviction, devoid of any prejudice or emtional optimism,that one has to argue if he is ever going to be good enough for a substitute. And mind u a 4th choice, not the immediate one. The guy lacks in his physical attributes. I remember short CBs like cannavaro, or even a shorter Cordoba.they were nothing like this.they were kinda small but could raise hell if need be. Eric is simply lacking. He gets bullied of the ball, he is too slow for his size. He is not that super technically. He is somewhat level headed and for that alone (with some optimism inevitably) i hope he would be good enough as a 4 th choice (after arujo christenson pique)

FinBarcelonafan

Watched enough of eric to say with firm conviction, devoid of any prejudice or emtional optimism,that one has to argue if he is ever going to be good enough for a substitute. And mind u a 4th choice, not the immediate one. The guy lacks in his physical attributes. I remember short CBs like cannavaro, or even a shorter Cordoba.they were nothing like this.they were kinda small but could raise hell if need be. Eric is simply lacking. He gets bullied of the ball, he is too slow for his size. He is not that super technically. He is somewhat level headed and for that alone (with some optimism inevitably) i hope he would be good enough as a 4 th choice (after arujo christenson pique)

Thank you. Saved me 10min writing that.

I don't see the potential in Garcia. He lacks every physical skill to be a top footballer.

Especially with Barca it would be critical to have quickness/speed.(mostly facing counters)

He needs to hit the gym. Adama regime gogo.

ajnotkeith

Thank you. Saved me 10min writing that.

I don't see the potential in Garcia. He lacks every physical skill to be a top footballer.

Especially with Barca it would be critical to have quickness/speed.(mostly facing counters)

He needs to hit the gym. Adama regime gogo.

Agreed on quickness/speed especially. You saw yesterday that when we give away the ball, it costs because of our high line and how many numbers we commit forward. Often it will only be the two centrals back to cover.

OVI9323

I'm amaze how this guy is playing with us and with spain... Never feels safe with his way of defending, too frail as soon as it get phisical and doesn't have any High quality

We cannot have a good long term defense with him on the field

Trafalgar

He'll be a good 3rd/4th choice for us next year. Araujo-Christensen-Garcia-Piqu? ... Damn finally a decent defence and it costed us 0 euros.

mc_lovin

I am too afraid to ask why there's such a negative reaction to his game in here :lol:

He was fine. Unlike Araujo and Alba this time.

Home of Barca Fans