24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Kohe321

TV Twitter : Congrats to my teammates for winning the league yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to contribute more next year.

I dont understand the reason for the bolded word in his sentence. Or maybe he made the teammates coffee in the morning? That would explain it.

Poor guy can't catch a break. :lol:

To be fair, he has contributed a little simply by training with the guys day by day since his return from injury, doing 5v5 matches etc. It's not much, but he's a part of the team and one of the guys, so writing "contribute more" sounds completely natural to me.

Watching the celebrations after the Atletico game, I couldn't help but feel for Vermaelen - he was smiling and tried to participate in the joy and celebrations as best he could, but you could see that it felt forced for him, which is completely understandable as he knows that he hasn't played a minute with the guys yet. We should really support the guy the best we can - he's a part of the team and part of the family. It's not some joke that we signed him either, when fit and in form he's a really solid player. Let's hope he can remain fit and start making his mark at Barca next season, he's still young enough to be able to be an important asset to the team for years to come. Just look at Mathieu, who is two years older, and how important he's been to us this season as a rotational player in our defense.

I really hope he gets to play against Deportivo next weekend. Even with the league already decided, the symbolic value of him getting minutes this season will be huge, and no doubt help him feel more integrated as a part of the team as the title celebrations start for real after the game is over. :)

Last edited:

Kohe321

Lucho just confirmed in the presser that Vermaelen will play tomorrow :)

[tw]601708551288070144[/tw]

[tw]601708733161418752[/tw]

G

Gasgas

I'm predicting he'll blend in like he was raised here.
He has all the qualities of Masia boys.
Hopefully he does, a gerard-healthy vermaelen duo looks very good. Could even turn out better than the ones we have right now

aaron101

Isn't it amazing that we are on 2 finals and have 5 CBs available and healthy? Bartra, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Mascherano, Pique and 3 of them are tall. Next season's defense will be awesome.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Isn't it amazing that we are on 2 finals and have 5 CBs available and healthy? Bartra, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Mascherano, Pique and 3 of them are tall. Next season's defense will be awesome.

More amazing that Mascherano is still our starting CB.

N

Nicosur de la Braila

5 seasons playing for arsenal:
> 0 trophies

1st match for barcelona:
> will lift one trophy

Kohe321

I hope he gets to play the entire game. Would be awesome if he scored a goal, or had a crucial defensive moment that helps us and Bravo keep one more clean sheet.

At any rate, him playing a game inside of this season will definitely boost his confidence and help him feel even more integrated to the team as he joins in the trophy celebrations right after the game.

Go Vermaelen! :barcascarf:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans