24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Kohe321

Lovely performance really. Looked confident in his challenges and won back lots of balls, and his passing was really precise and snappy. Very impressive for his first performance with the team coming back from a long-term injury, well done Vermaelen! :)

serghei

If he stays fit he could be valuable for us. There's certainly some quality here, his passes are sharp and he reads the game very well. We'll have 3 top CBs next season -- again, if he manages to stay fit (big if). He's better than Mathieu IMO.

serghei

Zubi is a genius. He programed the Vermaelen transfer to be ready for the 2nd part of 2015, exactly when we can't make transfers.

Devils

In his interview he said he wished he could have helped the team more and he was excited to be back. He also mentioned that he tried to avoid surgery but he couldn't perform to the required level without it.

I felt bad for him listening to it. He's received a lot of heat for something that was completely out of his power to prevent .

I have a good feeling about Thomas next season. :)

mssarm

Verm is an amazing player: reads the game very well, great passing and he can score goals. I'm confident he will stay healthy. Lucho with his GPS training system and Rafel Pol did miracles this season. If Lucho stays we will probably forget that Verm was injury prone player.

Last edited:

ceefoo

Played well on his debut. I'm happy for him. :hooray: :vermaelen:

We have some good competition at CB now (haven't said that for a long time :D). Our Defence is finally coming together, just need to strengthen the Right-Back position now that it appears that Dani and Montoya will be departing.

Home of Barca Fans