3 - Alejandro Balde

Total-Football

Balde is like Gavi = two dudes looked impressive at their debut for their age.. then 3 years forward not a single incremental development . They both gets all the minutes in the world but kept playing exactly as their debut.

MontenegrinCuler

Thought that dude will have no chance making the cross when he has Balde running to the ball with him

But shit... and that's what led to the CRUCIAL 3rd goal, that definitely killed us.

His best quality and one that earned him the spot here has vanished when it was needed, and that's his pace.

Couldn't really count which consecutive stinky ass performance this is for him. Horrible start to the season. I thought he would shine under Flick but far from that for now.

I feel like he started to get rest too early after coming back, needs more time but I don't think he's lost a step physically more mentally. He completely switched off and I feel like didnt really start running until it was already too late.

serghei

I think he is not as great and the sample size was too small when we judged him. Happens often. He is a good young player, that's it, plenty of flaws on the defensive end.

Can improve though, but he needs to be far more focused and careful in defense, he makes many errors.

Total-Football

Hold on Gavi doesn't deserve to be input here. He was playing just fine before his ACL.
That's not my point. He was playing ok (not super by no means ). My point is that year in and year out neither gavi nor balde are improving as they ought to. Gavi Having played a lot of games and still cannot make a progressive pass to save his life or even control the midfield. When he started he had that dog in him which comes in handy during pressing or defense and some decent ball protection, and after A LOT of games since his debut his attributes and shortcomings are practically the same as day one. Same with Balde.

Home of Barca Fans