4 - Ronald Araújo

serghei

I think you guys are talking about the same. Gave him an offer that tripled his original salary, whatever it is, and said no more offers.

I really don't understand how the club could get so laxed on the wages of those incoming players and yet so stringent on the wages of players that are here and doing great job at the club already.

Araujo wasn't even a starter last season. The players who are coming are more mature and more experienced playing at some bigger teams for years already. Plus they are free agents, and those always get a bit of an extra in wages.

Kind of pisses me off Barca players go for money talk as soon as they barely had their first few starts in a row.

Raketa10

Araujo wasn't even a starter last season. The players who are coming are more mature and more experienced playing at some bigger teams for years already. Plus they are free agents, and those always get a bit of an extra in wages.

That's true. However, it would be unbelievably stupid to lose him over 1 mil per season. That's 5 mil in 5 years. Anyone with similar quality would cost us probably around 40 mil. Renewing him is not really a brainer, it simply needs to be done.

JamDav1982

He was a starter last season bar when he got injured and team played well with three at back and he wasnt just thrown back in.

Other than that he was starting majority of games when fit.

serghei

That's true. However, it would be unbelievably stupid to lose him over 1 mil per season. That's 5 mil in 5 years. Anyone with similar quality would cost us probably around 40 mil. Renewing him is not really a brainer, it simply needs to be done.

We don't know for sure how apart they are in terms of actual sums being talked about.

Raketa10

We don't know for sure how apart they are in terms of actual sums being talked about.

I honestly don't think we are offering more that 4 mil. He might be asking for 5-6 and that 1-2 mil gap can be negotiated. I don't believe he is asking for 7-8 mil because that would be mental considering Pedri got 5 mil.

JamDav1982

Most likely renew in end but dont think club will bow to huge demands as are not altogether against selling him and investing in another CB to take profit on accounts this summer.

Would be useful tool to have option of him at RB v Mbappe though.

serghei

I honestly don't think we are offering more that 4 mil. He might be asking for 5-6 and that 1-2 mil gap can be negotiated. I don't believe he is asking for 7-8 mil because that would be mental considering Pedri got 5 mil.

Not sure he has any right to ask for Pedri money. 4 million should be enough. Negotiate a lower buyout fee if he wants some leverage to negotiate it in 2-3 years.

Raketa10

Most likely renew in end but dont think club will bow to huge demands as are not altogether against selling him and investing in another CB to take profit on accounts this summer.

Would be useful tool to have option of him at RB v Mbappe though.

We won't get much as he is entering the last year of his contract. For that amount we won't be able to buy a decent CB.

Home of Barca Fans