4 - Ronald Araújo

Andresito

Staff member
I think it's mostly media fuss and that the club, Xavi and Araujo himself in reality are much calmer about the renewal.

Our good form goes both ways, the players are showing they are worth investing in and the club is at the same time showing that there's an overall bright future at Barcelona. It'd be idiotic to leave imo. Group seems tight as well.

khaled_a_d

Gavi's and Ara?jo's camp say that they have not had any new meetings and that they have not rejected anything. [
@gerardromero
]

Not renewing him will be a disaster of epic proportions, a replacement with this characteristics will not come here for less than 70 million euros if we find any.

Vladinho

Araujo is replaceable (albeit difficult/expensive), Gavi is not. It's much harder to find a top midfield talent.

I agree. I would put the utmost priority on renewing Gavi...I would love Araujo to stay, but I was reading today that he asks more than the players that have recently renewed(Pedri, Ansu). Probably not true, but I would hate losing Gavi. Losing Araujo would hurt, but we could still move forward.

Joan

Renewing Araujo would be my priority if I had to choose. We lose both short and long term. With Gavi, that loss isn't as immediate or strong.

Gnidrologist

We haven't had player like him since Masch and defense has been our biggest weakness for more than 5 years now. Our defense is still our main weakness and he is the only link in it that doesn't suck and is even quite awesome and groomed in lamasia even. And he is already established starter, especially against teams that can actually attack us. And not one of the candidates that we are looking at are even half of him defending wise. It's ridiculous to say that he is more replaceable than Gavi, who is still a pup competing with swarm of other super talented and way more established mids.

That is not to say that Gavi is actually replacable. He's not. They are two very unique players with potential to be world class, having gone through la masia and besides all their skills, have fighter spirit that none of our players have had for decade. It would be completely crazy to replace them with aging free agents.

I can understand wanting to impose more strict wage system and not giving in to young brats, who want to be paid billions without even proving anything on biggest scenes so i hope they both are reasonable and understand few things
1) despite their good showing, they don't deserve billions yet and even with their current wages they are among 1% already, let that sink in
2) Barca is their best option for furthest development and potential to become legends
3) players that get brought in are more experienced and established and they wont come to play for youth wages, but Barca still need them to keep project going, which will also benefit themselves as they will not win titles playing with shit players and other B team youths like themselves. If you're pissed off that you get 3 millions instead of 5 FOR NOW, while you're still some 17 year ball kicking shmuck, who can't tie his shoe laces, because that other 25 year old guy gets 5, you're never make it here anyway so good luck on your adventures.

Last edited:

Vladinho

I totally agree with points 1 and 3.
Point 1: you're making 3 million euros a year, in your early 20's. Ofc from here you will only go up, if you keep competing at a high level. But still, do you understand in what a position you are at such a young age, to be getting that much cash?...I get it, you want to provide for your extended family, but have patience: you, as a player and you as a family member

Barcilliant

This can be done. Yes we don't want to break the bank to keep these two but we have deals in place and make money coming in soon.
To me Araujo is irreplaceable in every sense. Right age, profile and mentality. Noone comes close.

Home of Barca Fans