4 - Ronald Araújo

JamDav1982

Selling Christensen + Kounde is another option. I like Riad but it's not exactly going to make our backline stronger getting rid of those too. Inigo is injury prone too.

Doesn't seem like we'll be able to sign a good CDM either unless board members/Laporta put forward another personal guarantee with their own wealth which according to latest reports people are unwilling to do, and instead of trying to convince him to sell a part of the club or open up for investors.

The comparison would be back line stronger with Araujo and Chadi in there as options or Kounde and Christensen though.

What is the options if sold Aruajo? Kounde/Christensen and injury prone Inigo?

Gavi is the one they would never sell even if made sense to.

NKMaribor

The levers are a strange stick to try and hit Barca with... whether agree with them or not these levers are money now that the club will pay back and more...

Real call up another pedo yesterday? Must have a quota to fill after Benzema left.

Same week it was discovered Ramos missed drugs tests while at Real while went unpunished for some reasons or another.

All while cheering on Ronnie the Rapist to CL wins.

Strange fans of that club to try and take some moral high ground.. but never stops them.

Same as Pep’s substance abuse. The difference being i don’t idolize people you have mentioned, let alone offer merengue version of mes que club rhetoric.

Selling Araujo for insane money is legit move. Except for Juan and his exceptional mind perfectly observable in his latest post.

JamDav1982

Same as Pep’s substance abuse. The difference being i don’t idolize people you have mentioned, let alone offer merengue version of mes que club rhetoric.

Selling Araujo for insane money is legit move. Except for Juan and his exceptional mind perfectly observable in his latest post.
Nah Pep never abused substances while at Barca chief. If claim he did then produce the evidence.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Are you a fan of Sergio Ramos?

jamrock

Selling Christensen is more likely since we got him on a free, for about half of what we'd sell Araujo for.

Seems Xavi is already giving him the cold shoulder for Martinez

I like him too, he was by far our most consistent player last season.

Kounde could go too.

Not Araujo, not less he forces the move.

jamrock

Most likely players to be sold in the summer is Christensen and raphinha IMO.

Could get about 100m total for both.

JamDav1982

Yes Araujo would be the one they would see leave last and only if forced issue.

Christensen and Kounde it would take a lot less and both could be sold for around 60m profit on books.

JamDav1982

They could also renew Kounde and save 5m or so if he agreed to same salary.. something couldnt do with Christensen.

Raphinha has to go. Isnt good enough for what team neeeds.

The issue will be how much can get for him and what can spend on replacement depending on rules.

jamrock

I think Xavi sees Kounde Araujo as a potentially era defining CB partnership for the club and the fact that they can both fill in at RB, only helps to seal their place in the squad over the medium term.

Who knows what will happen 2/3 seasons from now.

JamDav1982

Maybe Xavi does but they better start showing it soon as look ropey as a pair and neither look comfortable on the ball from left CB.

I think Xavi would have Inigo at LCB currently for his ability on ball and leadership/organisation something that the Araujo/Kound pairing also currently seems to lack currently.

Xavi signed Kounde thinking he and Araujo would be pair of beasts could play high line with due to pace.. hasnt been the case to date and they organisation is poor and Kounde in particular looks erratic defending players running at him.

JamDav1982

Real could soon have Mbappe, Vini etc in front line or even Haaland could go if Mbappe doesnt.

Need Araujos physicality for those lot.. but if he insists on move and Bayern want him enough try to get some of their better players in return.. Musiala etc.

If I am Bayern that is the reason want the physical freak of Araujo at CB also... Haaland, Mbappe etc in CL.. Not that he can stop them every time but physically has about best chance to match them of any CB out there.

I swear though Barca do this type of thing... 'we turned down 100m for Araujo.. but to do that we have to sell.. x,y and z'. This news could easily be to make it easier to move others on.

Porque

If we did sell Araujo as an financial opportunity, I wonder how we will look defensively. Inigo(crocked)/Christensen-Kounde is fine for LaLiga challenge and a CL 2nd Round birth but has not looked reliable at all.

Would need to bring someone in though as depth and injury problems is an issue.

Do we trust Eric Garcia after his season at Girona?
Or Chadi after his season at Betis?

If the money were used to sign Cancelo and Felix that would be a huge red alarm bell also. Two deals that after half a season showing, that we don't really need.

TheStig

I can't think of a more idiotic move than selling Araujo and buying new Raphinhas and Ferrans with the money. We all know that would happen. Him, Lamine and FDJ should be the only untouchables.

Home of Barca Fans