4 - Ronald Araújo

JamDav1982

Surely to fuck they punt Kounde and Christensen before Araujo.

It will impact Barca signing players if start selling better players let alone making team weaker.

Could probably make 70m odd on the books selling Christ and Kounde and signing Chadi for depth behind Araujo and then 20/25m on another CB with Araujo on the left.

See if Laporte wants to quit SA and can get him for his 25m for example Araujo/Chadi Laporte/Inigo. Or any other 20/25m left sided CB.. that lad from Brazil that was linked.

Would think about punting Inigo also if these injuries persist..9m is too much a season if out that often. Would be ideal if he had a 'go for free if cant be registered' clause in his contract.

There are plenty alternatives to selling Araujo... as long as he doesnt force it.

Givenchy

Relax, he's going nowhere. It's more likely they try to force Frenkie to leave again if we need money, imagine making Araujo one of the captains and then selling him to Bayern, would undermine Laporta's whole 'rebuild'.

Kounde will be gone this summer as I think he'll be open to leaving (again) if he's forced to play RB etc.

ajnotkeith

Kounde should go first. He is a good player but not shown near enough to justify his value given the fact we have Christensen who's been very reliable and available. Kounde's best moments have actually come at RB and its not worth it to play him out of position there if we can get 60 or 70 for him.

Windhook

Interestingly at Bayern that position of right centre-back is occupied by Dayot Upamecano. I'm not against the idea of a swap deal.

Windhook

Barca fans won't like this post(rightly so). :lol: :lol:
Well, I don't think Araujo would leave at this stage. It's just a scenario where fans have to be pragmatic or not, in case Araujo is set to leave.

- Invest all the money in fixing the finances
- Buy aged VVD
- Do some swap trick for Upamecano for lesser transfer fee. I never said swap for free/player for player.
- Buy some overpriced talented defender from Germany or Portugal for 60m of the 100m we received for Araujo.

P.S. - I'm not going to comment on your attempts at whatever to stir controversy here.

JamDav1982

Araujo is at stage where next contract will be his peak years.

100% Bayern will be in his ear saying Barca cant compete financially and wont give you team needed to win in those years compared to they can with gteed league titles and should be top 2/3 favs for CL each year.

Araujo will be mulling that one over despite how committed he is as its a huge decision.

Think ultimately he will stay and Barca can be more competitive than likes of Bayern will be claiming but other clubs are already doing this when competing with Barca for players.

FDJ is being told the same thing by other clubs... Pedri, Balde etc already had it also. Lamine has had it and will again in future.

A fuck up in another CL campaign and a terrible league campaign could influence these players decisions and those trying to sign.

Gnidrologist

Araujo is the single reason why Barca has at least miniscule chance to stand up against jacked up attacking force of actual proper clubs, who don't fuck around like laliga scrub. Selling him at this point would mean Barca sinks even deeper in terms of sporting quality than it has already done. Insane to even accept this as a reasonable choice.

serghei

Fixing the finances is easy if you accept Dortmund status. Sell the main players, invest in youth and drop the big titles and big team act.

JamDav1982

Finances are better served by not paying more money on a 35 year old striker per season than Real do for Bellimgham.

Xavi and board genuinely thought Lewa was a star name Barca needed to pay that money for.

Ridiculous.

Dortmund situation is completely different than any rebuild at Barca would be.

Windhook

Nothing wrong with Lewa transfer as it was nothing in the range of Bellingham next big thing value we could not afford. Lewa was an established name when he arrived. Came in the right time we were desperate and he was useful during last season. But he's a depleted resource now, to refer Star Craft.

If I was the negative forum member here I'd be completely mad with that Raphinha chap as he's not even 30% of the transfer fee we paid for him.

Home of Barca Fans