4 - Ronald Araújo

Porque

Think it's an expression of the whole dressing room mentality at that point. Xavi was close to a nervous breakdown.

Should be back to his best under Banzai Flick.

That is unless the board are determined to force his exit again, which can also influence form.

TheStig

What Pedri is getting now, not what he'll get when he'll renew. He's also due an extension, it's gonna be quite a challenge for Deco to renew these players. You can't say to them to accept lower wages because of the financial situation while you give bigger wages to worse players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What Pedri is getting now, not what he'll get when he'll renew. He's also due an extension, it's gonna be quite a challenge for Deco to renew these players. You can't say to them to accept lower wages because of the financial situation while you give bigger wages to worse players.

Don't know, but doubt they'll offer Araujo some shit wages. Probably less than what he expects though.

I like Araujo, but he's not some perfect defender. Injury prone, not good on the ball. Sell him as early as possible if there's no deal in sight by new year.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

People having short memories. All will be forgotten soon. When Don Araujo comes back and starts playing under Flick, he will establish himself as the best defender in the world again. The difference in our defensive solidity will be startling.

He will be happy playing in a winning team, the fans will be chanting Uruguayo again and the PSG affair will soon be forgotten as he signs a new contract.

Patience.

serghei

People having short memories. All will be forgotten soon.

If he learn from his blunders. If he stays fit and doesn't crumble like a Christmas cookie completely at random. Quite a few things that can go wrong.

Still young though. 25 is nothing for a defender. Those have their prime years at 27-32.

More movement under Flick is gonna help players who have individually deficient technique. And Araujo is probably our worst player in the first 11 as far as technical control is concerned.

Last edited:

Redbuck

I had equal disappointment for Gundo’s public finger pointing as I did Araujo’s decision making in that moment. But on balance, I ultimately find Gundo’s action more damaging to a team’s harmony than an error in a heavy loss (financially & sporting wise)
It was necessary for Araujo to be called out. Gundogan did the right thing even though people might say it was bad for the team's unity. I know Roberto and the others went the we win as a team and lose as a team route, but every member of the squad knows that Araujo's fuckup cost them the game even though they won't say it publicly. I think that it's good for a team to have 1-2 outspoken players who aren't afraid to call out their teammates in moments like that cos it'll help the team to always be on their A-game and not hide under the we win as a team and lose as a team nonsense whenever they have bad performances.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was necessary for Araujo to be called out. Gundogan did the right thing even though people might say it was bad for the team's unity. I know Roberto and the others went the we win as a team and lose as a team route, but every member of the squad knows that Araujo's fuckup cost them the game even though they won't say it publicly. I think that it's good for a team to have 1-2 outspoken players who aren't afraid to call out their teammates in moments like that cos it'll help the team to always be on their A-game and not hide under the we win as a team and lose as a team nonsense whenever they have bad performances.
Doesn‘t sound like you ever played organized competitive sports before, Gundogan was spot on but for internal communication of the locker room - not in the media

Givenchy

People still going on about his mistake vs PSG :lol:

Araujo reacted in a bad way not taking accountability but how can anyone be surprised when our manager was the father of excuses and deflecting blame; Xavi Hernandez.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Can't remember that ONE big mistake changed the perception of a player in a fanbase (at least here). Yes it was a mistake, a big one, but it's still just one mistake. Hope he stays for many years, he could form a great duo with Cubarsi.
And tbh it wasn’t even a free kick / red. Why no VAR?

Home of Barca Fans