4 - Ronald Araújo

Temptation

Interest from Liverpool and United. Mainly United from what I hear.

How much is he demanding in wages? Why are Barca hesitant? What's the conflict point here? Fill me in on this....

malvolio

Interest from Liverpool and United. Mainly United from what I hear.

How much is he demanding in wages? Why are Barca hesitant? What's the conflict point here? Fill me in on this....

For all the talk in here about how this club gave massive salaries to players in the past, Barca never really showered youngsters from the academy with money.

And won't start now with likes of Araujo, who looks good but not a generational talent.

Catta

For all the talk in here about how this club gave massive salaries to players in the past, Barca never really showered youngsters from the academy with money.

And won't start now with likes of Araujo, who looks good but not a generational talent.

Neither did van Dijk, Salah or Modric. And yet every one of them was the best player in his position,

Andresito

Staff member
Neither did van Dijk, Salah or Modric. And yet every one of them was the best player in his position,

Interesting comparison, but not really the same. The ones you mention played without pressure at smaller clubs. Sure Salah played for Chelsea, but failed there.

Araujo is already at a top club. Do we have any examples of players at top clubs exceeding his potential? After all, any young player starting for clubs like Barca will always have very high expectations, compared to Modric at Spurs, VVD at Celtic/Soton, Salah at Roma.

ajnotkeith

Araujo isn't a youngster from the academy. He's been a starter for a while and is 22 years old. He deserves to be paid like a big boy and not a kid.

Rory

We should just give him the difference between what he could get elsewhere as a signing bonus. That way the salary remains within the range we want it to stay in and Araujo can rightfully feel like he's paid in accordance with status in the club. Buying him from another club would cost minimum of 30m. Probably more, if he spends his whole career here then he probably has a maximum of 3 renewals altogether. paying a 6-8m signing bonus on top of a salary we're willing to give is very good value for money.

Riordon

There is not a young defender I prefer over this guy not even De Ligt. He is the best u25 defender in the world. Fuck that his passing sometimes is not top tier, we have lacked for a profile like his for a long long time. Had he played elsewhere there is no way he would be for sale for anything less than 60-80m.

Renew him.

FinBarcelonafan

There is not a young defender I prefer over this guy not even De Ligt. He is the best u25 defender in the world. Fuck that his passing sometimes is not top tier, we have lacked for a profile like his for a long long time. Had he played elsewhere there is no way he would be for sale for anything less than 60-80m.

Renew him.

True and we have Xavi teaching him how to pass the ball. Araujo will be top top. Already top defenseman and hardly finished product. He has so much more potential.

Gnidrologist

His passing has already better become than half a year ago. He will never be ball playing CB, but should reach Puyol level in this easily.

Messigician

Dude hired Dembele's agent?

Ronald Araujo's entourage are not happy about the fact that Christensen would earn a higher wage than him at Barcelona, despite the new signing most likely being the Uruguayan's backup option. They did not like the contacts with Rudiger, either.

? @sport

Anyway I don't know why the Catlan tribals at the club think everyone is stupid besides them

If you want to offer higher wages to free agents do it AFTER you renew the key players in your club

Andresito

Staff member
Careful with the young potential narrative. Could easily be a Varane who peaks in early 20's rather than steadily improving throughout his career. I doubt Araujo is going to be much better, but that's fine by me since he's already a hell of a defender.

Home of Barca Fans