5 - Carles Puyol

Galning

Was there a need for him to come barreling in like that at 2-0? No way, that's something you do when you're down and NEED a goal.

This is Puyol we are talking about. He would even do this if we were 10-0 up against a female team. It's just his nature, and you can't blame him for it because it is a brilliant trait to have.

Pepe Silvia

This is Puyol we are talking about. He would even do this if we were 10-0 up against a female team. It's just his nature, and you can't blame him for it because it is a brilliant trait to have.
He's our captain and expect him to be a little more calculated and intelligent in this situation. I do agree, it's what makes Him Puyol. He's the greatest captain to have, it's just sad that he'll be missing yet again when we need him. Sucks.

Galning

“Guardiola showed us the last videos, gave some last-minute advice, read out loud the players’ shortlist. No one looked surprised. No one but me, obviously. I sought Puyol out, I walked up to him and asked

- Why aren’t you playing? Did you know he was going to leave you out?

He looked me in the eyes and said
- I’m not important right now. You are what matters; don’t worry about me.

Do you have any idea what a fucking badass we have as captain? Do you? Champions League final, they tell him he’ll be warming the bench, and he’s the one comforting me! This is Barcelona."

- Eric Abidal

Paganinisrvnge

I really thought he was going to be subbed off at some point to rest him for the clasico. Hindsight is 20/20 but my mood would be way better if we had come out of the match with 3 points, an improved alexis, fabregas playing well, iniesta fit and ready, puyol fit and ready. This injury really put a damper on what was a good match not just for the 3 points but for the other things I listed.

JackaL

Oh man, feel terribly bad for him. Hope he gets well soon. What was even more surprizing and what concerns me is that the entire team looked very afraid when they saw what happened. Luckily, no fractures.

CatalinR10

b0hcy0

b0hcuc

b0hcp5

J

jtmx12

I don't understand how players that just come back from an injury play the full 90 minutes in their first game. This is what Tito did with Puyol & Thiago, and now both are injured. The only person I can blame right now is Tito. We already had won the game, we didn't need Puyol any longer and everyone knows that this guy willl give it all even if we are winning 5-0 plus we had to give Puyol some rest for the next el clasico! He just had to play 45 minutes ffs..

I was about to cry when I saw the whole thing. I'm so sad for Puyol, he doesn't deserve it...

Hopes he has a quick recovery has he always do. Good Luck Captain!

JackaL

You know that Thiago and Puyol got injured again because of different problems? As far as I know, there's no causality between their last and newest injuries. Medical team gives the green light, Tito talks to the lads, see's them in training and decides to put them on the pitch. I would agree if they get injured on the same place and if the diagnosis is the same, but not in this case.

J

jtmx12

Do you really think I made the post and I didn't know that? Lawl. So basically you are telling me that because it was a different injury its right to make a player play the full 90 minutes as soon as he's back from an injury? That's all I'm saying. I don't think it's right, and if Tito did think the same, Puyol wouldn't have a "dislocated elbow" now.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He is much too old to go in like his life depends on him. I mean he really goes in for the ball like a lion.. I just wish he would be more careful. This is shit.

He is the about the only dumb ass to never adapt his game to his age. Jk, I love Puyol and have tremendous respect for him, wish him a healthy recovery (it can take as long as possible).

Stric

Do you really think I made the post and I didn't know that? Lawl. So basically you are telling me that because it was a different injury its right to make a player play the full 90 minutes as soon as he's back from an injury? That's all I'm saying. I don't think it's right, and if Tito did think the same, Puyol wouldn't have a "dislocated elbow" now.

Puyol could have done the same in the first half. Your argument is invalid. I agree with what you say that both Puyol and Thiago played too much, and I'm not happy with it as Puyol should have gotten some short time to play and then rest in order to be on his best for the Clasico, but this injury has nothing to do with playing time. It's coincidence.

J

jtmx12

It's coincidence that could have been avoided. First, he wasn't supposed to play the full 90 minutes because he just came back from an injury, and second, because he needed to rest for the next El Clasico. Tito had every right to change him in the 2nd half, but he didn't, and we all know what happened.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Come on, that injury had a one in a million chance of happening, it was an unfortunate event that could have happened even if he only played five minutes or could have happened in the first minute of the game... Blaming Tito for this one makes absolutely no sense, how was he supposed to know that Puyol would jump and land on his arm? And elbow injury in a football game, how many times has that happened?

And about Thiago, he didn't play 90 minutes, he came on around the 70th minute mark against Sevilla...

Home of Barca Fans