6 - Gavi

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm pretty sure there were multiple clubs that enquired about Goretzka's situation. He's a very good player.

But saying they should stop planning for the next season to get this done first....it just isn't how it works though. These things move simultaneously. They have multiple people working in the club on different scenarios and different things. Contract extensions, targets for Summer 2022, scouting possible targets for the future and much more.

Yeah, I am not saying literally stop all the work on getting new players etc., certainly we should, I am upset about us being more active and eager in offering higher wages to fend off competition (like in Christenson's case) than tieing down the gems we have like Gavi who we absolutely need to keep.

JamDav1982

Can point to Goretzka.. then can point to likes of Kroos who they couldnt agree a deal with and sold, same with Alaba.

Things being drawn out often leads to the players leaving as cant agree also.

Messigician

"Bartomeu would have renewed Messi, Araujo and Gavi without hesitation, Laporta only acts when he has no choice"
-Anonymous former board member

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Those two left for free.

You're right though. Araujo and Gavi could easily run down their contract and leave for free for a fat signing bonus. Seem to be the way it's trending in European football anyway. Players realizing it's smarter for them to simply run out their deals to negotiate better ones for them on a free transfer.

Club can try to sell them but don't see why they would play ball if it isn't to their advantage.

JamDav1982

Those two left for free.

You're right though. Araujo and Gavi could easily run down their contract and leave for free for a fat signing bonus. Seem to be the way it's trending in European football anyway. Players realizing it's smarter for them to simply run out their deals to negotiate better ones for them on a free transfer.

Kroos didnt leave for free but that is the point neither agreed after long negotiations so it can go either way although would think both and certainly Gavi will remain in end.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kroos didnt leave for free but that is the point neither agreed after long negotiations so it can go either way although would think both and certainly Gavi will remain in end.

True. Kroos was sold for like 25m. Trend nowadays seem to be different though with players refusing to be sold.

I do think they'll get both done, but we'll see. If Araujo decides to run down his contract I'm not sure there's much they can do about it. Unless they sign a replacement they'll have to play him anyway most likely. Maybe he won't start but should still see quite a few minutes if Xavi rates him highly.

JamDav1982

True. Kroos was sold for like 25m. Trend nowadays seem to be different though with players refusing to be sold.

I do think they'll get both done, but we'll see. If Araujo decides to run down his contract I'm not sure there's much they can do about it. Unless they sign a replacement they'll have to play him anyway most likely. Maybe he won't start but should still see quite a few minutes if Xavi rates him highly.

Araujo most likely puts himself to being back up at best if wants to reject offers this summer.

Club wont put him in stands but his salary is low and he isnt a huge name or definite starter to be scared of leaving out.

Think he would leave for fee before sitting it out.

Kul_z

Cant see this boy leaving. He'll renew, people need to calm down, in the summer when we get funds to apply for ffp we will do it

fergus90

He's staying, he's a Barca youth product and clearly loves the club - 17 years old having the Camp Nou chant his name.

The big salary will come in time.

Andresito

Staff member
If they don't want to renew or leave they'll end up in the stands for 5 months ahead of the World Cup (in which both probably will be starters for their respective teams if in form). Would be stupid for the player just to earn a bit of money.

Messigician

If they don't want to renew or leave they'll end up in the stands for 5 months ahead of the World Cup (in which both probably will be starters for their respective teams if in form). Would be stupid for the player just to earn a bit of money.

Like Dembele

OOPS

ajnotkeith

I will cringe if the media try to do their 'money whore' party trick again. It never works and pushes the player even further from the club.

If we are offering 2-4m, a Prem team will double that easily. Same goes for Araujo.

Players won't reject offers worth several millions more from better clubs because 'they love Barca. Our offer needs to be competitive at least then we can play that card.

Joan

I wouldn't expect much for Araujo in his last year. He is the best and the cheapest option for us.

I hope we extend both.

Last edited:

Masetro10

I like Gavi, he has great potential to be a starter at Barca for a long time. But don't go down the Ilaix route please. It can end and end fast as a Barca product released into the wild. And 17 years old too...would have to be out of his mind to leave Barca.

Home of Barca Fans