6 - Gavi

iniestaGOAT

I like Gavi, he has great potential to be a starter at Barca for a long time. But don't go down the Ilaix route please. It can end and end fast as a Barca product released into the wild. And 17 years old too...would have to be out of his mind to leave Barca.

Yes too young to be demanding money. And no he's not starting for any big team at 17, way less opportunities than he is getting at Barca.

Should wait till 21 at least then chase big Money

Porque

We don't know what his (agents) demands are nor the clubs offer.

All we do know is that his renewals have been difficult in the past, and close to City previously like Ilaix and Nico.

But we can't compare his current situation to Ilaix. Much more proven player, better characteristics for Barcelona and a higher level talent. Ilaix had less than half of Gavi first team minutes before demanding his wage.

Now if Gavi is asking for more than Pedri and Fati then the problem is with Gavi side.

The club have set the base pay rate for young talents with those renewals and I don't think Gavi is in a talent bracket lower than that.

But if the club is offering less then the problem is with us.

Raketa10

We don't know what his (agents) demands are nor the clubs offer.

All we do know is that his renewals have been difficult in the past, and close to City previously like Ilaix and Nico.

But we can't compare his current situation to Ilaix. Much more proven player, better characteristics for Barcelona and a higher level talent. Ilaix had less than half of Gavi first team minutes before demanding his wage.

Now if Gavi is asking for more than Pedri and Fati then the problem is with Gavi side.

The club have set the base pay rate for young talents with those renewals and I don't think Gavi is in a talent bracket lower than that.

But if the club is offering less then the problem is with us.

Is this true? Didn't know that we had a problem with his renewals before this one. I honestly hope that we won't lose him. However, he is a 17y old kid who needs to adjust his demands and choose Barca over few millions more in England. He needs to get his mind straight or he could end up like Ilaix.

Last edited:

Porque

Is this true? Didn't know that we had a problem with his renewals before this one. I honestly hope that we won't lose him. However, he is a 17y old kid who needs to adjust his demands and choose Barca over few millions more in England. He needs to get his mind straight or he could end up like Ilaix.

I recall the City interest in renewals so looking for sources.

Found this tidbit though.

Rising through the ranks of La Masia, the playmaker signed his first professional contract in September 2020. He broke into the first team in 2021 and has 13 starts to his name in the Spanish top-flight.

In 16 La Liga appearances, he has a goal and three assists with his best performance coming against Elche in December. He registered a goal and an assist on the day.

According to the report, Liverpool is all set to offer a huge pay rise to the Spanish international. Gavi currently earns a wage of ?1,600-a-week. The Jurgen Klopp managed side is looking to offer ?80,000 a week to secure his signature.

-

That mooted Liverpool wage is roughly what Pedri is on, and less than Kessie after clauses.

Joan

Young players these days get paid well if they play well. Heck, even if the don't and sporting departments deem they have potential. Some of you better accept that or watch our young starters leave for better offers.

17 year olds starters get paid as starters, not 17 year olds. Or at least close enough to it.

Gnidrologist

The guy would be insane to try and push his luck with this. He's already almost an idol here. Only Messi was so gushed over at that age. He fits the system liek glove. He belongs to Barca and he knows it. Earning few more millions doesn't change a SINGLE thing for guys this rich at such young age already, but becoming a legendary player of another pending legendary team changes everything.

Last edited:

feggydinho

The guy would be insane to try and push his luck with this. He's already almost an idol here. Only Messi was so gushed over at that age. He fits the system liek glove. He belongs to Barca and he knows it. Earning few more millions doesn't change a SINGLE thing for guys this rich at such young age already, but becoming a legendary player of another pending legendary team changes everything.

So show him that you value him by giving him an okay offer. I'm sure a salary of 3-4m would do the trick. Only God knows what they offered him if they offered Araujo around 3m first.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
All I want at this point is we renew him and Araujo.

Hope Gavi will come to his senses and realizes what he will be losing here if he chooses money.

FinBarcelonafan

Pay the man his money.

This kid will be a super star.

Insane to have Fati, Pedri and Gavi. Not sure how I would list them. Fati maybe the lowest because his injury.

Horatio

You're welcome
Does he even speak a lick of English? Does he want to move far away from family? Pretty sure he and his family prefer him to stay at Barca.

He'll probably get a good offer from Barca which will still end up below Liverpool's offer, but the difference will not be big enough for him to justify a move.

Home of Barca Fans