7 - Ferran Torres

omidferoz

LaLiga: 71 app; 6 g; 7 assists
Premier League: 28 app; 9 g; 3 a

can someone tell me why he is so highly rated? stats is not all, but they dont seem promising at all for a striker/winger that cost 65million.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Even at the height of Laporta's success in his first term, there were critics both in press, among cules & the toxic entorno of Rosell et al

Tackle

Cannot help but feel we should have kept this money until the summer market to see what other opportunities opened up. We can get top 4 without Torres.

mc_lovin

can someone tell me why he is so highly rated? stats is not all, but they dont seem promising at all for a striker/winger that cost 65million.

His stats for Valencia are easy to explain:
- young
- played very wide in a shit team

Edit: Didn't like him too much for them though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We really haven't learned our lesson, again being taken advantage of by other clubs because we are desperate. That was the case when Neymar left when Bartomeu panicked and succumbed to pressure, it is almost the same case now.

The only difference is now we badly need help to get us back to a CL or even just broadly speaking a European position, a price we have to pay. But still too many question marks and too much of a fee.

feggydinho

I don't think he's the profile we need. I've not really seen anything overly special in his performance and I hope I'm wrong about him cause it's looking like another overpaid transfer for a player that has been injured since October

serghei

We overpaid if what is rumored is true, compared to his actual value by around 20m. Which in this market it's quite good. Anyway, it's not the money that will decide if this transfer is great or not. It's how Ferran will do. If he plays great and is part of the new team we're trying to build, that sum will be money very well spent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We overpaid, but if the payment terms are favorable to us where we're paying the fee in installments spread over more years than the standard then I can understand them doing it. Especially as we need CL football next season to have any chance at acquiring players like Haaland or Vlahovic.

FinBarcelonafan

I think he was named national team's player of the year and he has decent stats for Spain.

Btw if you filter those stats a bit it looks better. He has improved through the years, so the past year was his best and he is not finished product yet. He can improve more.

Home of Barca Fans