7 - Ferran Torres

delancey

Meh, so we paid a few million more for one of Spain?s most promising players! Big deal! This will be amortized over 5 years (if not longer). That?s the reality of supply and demand these days. If you want a top player who already plays at big club, it?s going to cost bank! He?s 21 years old. I?m sure he?ll outshine Dembele in his first 6 months at the club.

🥳🥳🥳

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I hope this means that our deadweight will be moving in January. Dream would be to already have deals done for Umtiti and Coutinho, but I doubt the media would be quiet about it.

Messi983

We overpaid, but if the payment terms are favorable to us where we're paying the fee in installments spread over more years than the standard then I can understand them doing it. Especially as we need CL football next season to have any chance at acquiring players like Haaland or Vlahovic.

Yeah, if we're serious about building a strong team then getting one of those two is still a must imo. Ansu, Haaland/Vlahovic, Ferran, Dembele, Memphis, Abde would look really good on paper. Clearly very young and with some injury concerns but we'd be on the right way.

Just don't think we can afford Haaland or Vlahovic so it's more likely we'll either sign Cavani on a short-term contract or a cheaper backup like that Cabral guy but primarily play with a combination of Ansu, Ferran, Dembele and maybe Memphis (wouldn't surprise me if he'd be sold in summer though).

That's easy. Ansu - Ferran - Dembele.

That's my guess to be Xavi's initial plan as well but they are all flexible so could interchange positions a lot during the games.

George_Costanza

Isn't this guy playing in the same spot as Dembele ?

Are we planning to sell Dembele / bench him if he doesn't renew ?

I thought he was a striker , what's the point of this signing ?

Life of Dembele

1. Comes back from injury.
2. Play amazing in a few games back, waste so many chances.
3. Fans start to overhype.
4. Gets injured.
5. Repeat.

Messi983

I hope this means that our deadweight will be moving in January. Dream would be to already have deals done for Umtiti and Coutinho, but I doubt the media would be quiet about it.

I think most likely scenario is Dembele has really agreed to renew and and we'll use savings from his amortization costs (around 20m) to register Ferran, Nico and Gavi.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I'm wondering how we're able to sign a player for that price. I understand it won't be paid this season, but it seems like Laporta is taking a big risk here in hopes of getting a CL spot and that players leave either now or this summer.

Regarding Ferran I like him as a player, but the Morten in me can't see him consistenly delivering performances for that amount we're paying, sort of like Bayern's Sane buy.

Don't know why but 10m is making a lot of difference. 55m is excessive, 45m would be a good price. Weird I know.

iniestaGOAT

Meh, so we paid a few million more for one of Spain?s most promising players! Big deal! This will be amortized over 5 years (if not longer). That?s the reality of supply and demand these days. If you want a top player who already plays at big club, it?s going to cost bank! He?s 21 years old. I?m sure he?ll outshine Dembele in his first 6 months at the club.

🥳🥳🥳

He might have been bought for 60m but he isn't being paid like a 60m player. Took a wage cup and I believe he was already amongst the lower paid players there.

So makes sense why the club when 10m-15m higher than they should have.

mc_lovin

If we pay 65ME and comparatively low wages that's still only a fraction of Griezmann's yearly cost :lol: Just to highlight how utterly absurd that deal was :lol:

---
The team is shaping up nicely. If we can get a topclass CB in summer+a few decent "lower" cost players (like the RB from Ajax, there are no expensive options anyway) I would be pretty damn happy with our squad.

delancey

He might have been bought for 60m but he isn't being paid like a 60m player. Took a wage cup and I believe he was already amongst the lower paid players there.

So makes sense why the club when 10m-15m higher than they should have.
Any reports on how much he?ll be earning? The guy is 21; he has time to make plenty of money. If he does well, he can sign a new bumper contract in a few years.

delancey

If we pay 65ME and comparatively low wages that's still only a fraction of Griezmann's yearly cost :lol: Just to highlight how utterly absurd that deal was :lol:

---
The team is shaping up nicely. If we can get a topclass CB in summer+a few decent "lower" cost players (like the RB from Ajax, there are no expensive options anyway) I would be pretty damn happy with our squad.
Yeah it?s crazy! Griezmann is earning 793,000 dollars per week, according to Marca. Lol 😂

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ouch. That's quite bad. No wonder he bought few teammates expensive bags. He can swag it.

120m in a lump sum where most of it was secured from a bank loan + a super high salary for a misfit, just because he was a big name.

And people wonder why we're in trouble.

FinBarcelonafan

120m in a lump sum where most of it was secured from a bank loan + a super high salary for a misfit, just because he was a big name.

And people wonder why we're in trouble.

Hopefully Coutinho, Umtiti and Lenglet are out the door next. Might be too much to ask from Santa though.. Just one please?!

Home of Barca Fans