7 - Ferran Torres

Devils

If we pay 65ME and comparatively low wages that's still only a fraction of Griezmann's yearly cost :lol: Just to highlight how utterly absurd that deal was :lol:

---
The team is shaping up nicely. If we can get a topclass CB in summer+a few decent "lower" cost players (like the RB from Ajax, there are no expensive options anyway) I would be pretty damn happy with our squad.

We will still need a ST, LB (Gaya?), CB and RB(probably getting that dude from Ajax).

A top CB and ST is going to be expensive as hell though. Not sure we will be able to get both.

FinBarcelonafan

We will still need a ST, LB (Gaya?), CB and RB(probably getting that dude from Ajax).

A top CB and ST is going to be expensive as hell though. Not sure we will be able to get both.

LB has to wait because Alba just proved his worth vs Sevilla (getting them red for thugging it up). Another two years are guaranteed as a start for Alba.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gaya for cheap as his contract runs out in 2023 and Mazaraoui for free sounds good enough for me when the priorities should be ST, CB, GK and then RW/LW.

Need to find ways to sell Lenglet and Coutinho. Make Pique walk away. Possibly sell Dest and probably let Roberto walk for free too. Should open up some room when it comes to wages.

Onana for free would have been an option worth exploring but it sounds like he won't sign for a team that won't commit to him as their starter.

FinBarcelonafan

Like someone mentioned on United forum, this could be a deal where we pay a bit more in instalments, leaving money for summer splash and that's why we pay a bit higher fee.

What that summer splash is, I will let your imagination do the work for ya..

Gogogo

delancey

For those wages 50mil from Atletico would be steal.

Yet people complain about this deal.

I think we did what we had to do! Same for Messi, unfortunately. Even if the salary cap hadn?t been in place, a prudent and responsible board of directors would have reached the same conclusion. Barto was playing Monopoly it seems. 😅

FinBarcelonafan

I think we did what we had to do! Same for Messi, unfortunately. Even if the salary cap hadn?t been in place, a prudent and responsible board of directors would have reached the same conclusion. Barto was playing Monopoly it seems. ��

Sadly he plays it like a kid or in a way where you can "loan" all the time more money from the bank. (stealing from the bank!)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Ferran Torres is that good (or has the potentially to be very good one day), why is City letting him go I wonder?

Devils

If Ferran Torres is that good (or has the potentially to be very good one day), why is City letting him go I wonder?

Because they already have Silva, Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Gundogan and Mahrez to play in the forward positions.

This is a bit like when we let Thiago leave. There were simply too many options ahead of him in the pecking order despite being a big talent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because they already have Silva, Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Gundogan and Mahrez to play in the forward positions.

This is a bit like when we let Thiago leave. There were simply too many options ahead of him in the pecking order despite being a big talent.

Also most Spanish players want to play for Barca or Real Madrid.

And it's a World Cup year where Pep flip flops on who plays based on who is in best form. You can go from starting multiple games to barely playing in a matter of a month or two. Ferran Torres was starting ahead of a lot of those guys before his injury, but there's no guarantee he will start again if Bernardo, Mahrez and Sterling continue their form.

It's a good quality to have as a manager.

Pep also said that if a player want to leave he can leave, he won't fight for them to stay. Buying club just need to meet City's asking price. Bernardo Silva wanted to leave and would have left if Atletico paid the 70m City wanted in the summer.

Gnidrologist

Think he was good with NT. Seems to have good brains, which is what current crop has a deficit of. That's probably why Xavi fancies him. Apart from technique and goal scoring ability, he'd probably be a superior team player with better decision making than some of our current "misters". If he can be also clinical in front of goal, which he showed on few occasions with Spain, it's a fair deal. People here dreaming of Haaland are out of their minds.

Home of Barca Fans