7 - Ferran Torres

serghei

He is easily gonna be our best attacker, can't really complain, just disappointed by the price, it's literally like we didn't even negotiate, other clubs just don't respect us at all when it comes to negotiations.

Nah, City just had all the cards in this one. You don't have to negotiate the price down as the selling club when you don't want the player to leave. It's not like Ferran would have refused training and gone rogue.

Porque

City are helping us with the payment structure which is leading to the higher fee. We can't really be choosers on this matter.

It's a hail mary high risk move, but probably what is necessary to guarantee the CL next season and our upward trajectory.

Laporta has proved to be a master of crisis management and rapid turnarounds. Let's hope this is another inspired move.

Devils

He was never going to cost less than 50m. He's Spain's best attacker at the age of 21.

We're in a market where young 'rejects' like Martin Odegaard and Tammy Abraham are being sold in the 40m range.

It is what it is, dawg.

Porque

He was never going to cost less than 50m. He's Spain's best attacker at the age of 21.

We're in a market where young 'rejects' like Martin Odegaard and Tammy Abraham are being sold in the 40m range.

It is what it is, dawg.

Ferran Torres or Jonathan David?

Lille need the fast bucks.

Devils

Ferran Torres or Jonathan David?

Lille need the fast bucks.

David would be the dream signing.

But these Catalans would never sign a Canadian lol. David will probably end up at Bayern and end up one of the best strikers in the world have undergoing Bayern's 'fitness regimen'.

Messi983

Four installments, first will be paid next summer.

Clauses to reach 10m variables according to Marca:

- Barca winning CL and Ferran playing 70% of games (45 min+)
- Ferran winning Balon d'Or or Golden Shoe awards
- or Ferran being sold for 100m+

Pretty sure none of this will happen but if it will then he's clearly worth more than 65m anyway.

khaled_a_d

Pretty sure none of this will happen but if it will then he's clearly worth more than 65m anyway.

The CL can happen in next 5 years tbh

Vladinho

It's a very good deal to me. Everybody was fuming yesterday that we are overpaying again, but this agreement and his low base salary, it sure is a lucrative deal. You can see the hands of Reveter and Alemany all over this deal, and also the good relationship with Man. City officials

El Gato

Villarato!
To throw my 2 cents in - I don't think this is a bad gamble on sporting grounds. Barca need players like Ferran who are young and passionate about playing for the club above all else. It creates a culture of focus on improving football at the club more than making it seem like everyone's in it to justify the money they make by trying to play football well in a team where you by all means are supposed to be doing it.
It's helping to change the narrative.

Ferran comes in and slashes wages from a side that's levels above and cuts chances to win titles. Automatically fills a gap at RW.
He's not some great player but a dedicated one to make that choice.

I think this is a good investment if you consider football impact alone.
We can't know how much of that impact we'll see with his injury, but let's assume he recovers and gets to grow with another good player next to him, be it from this winter or coming summer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a great deal, those variables were erroneously reported as being 'easy to achieve' when only 1 is a potential payout - considering the situation the club would be in financially & sporting wise for that to happen, it'd be a bonus well worth paying

Very excited for his inclusion, I really loved how good he looked at City

ajnotkeith

The deal, if completed (it relies on us freeing wages which as we know is not a guarantee) is a pretty good one considering the payment terms.

55m over 4 instalments, and he's on pretty low wages, so if he can come in and contribute immediately with goals it's a worth signing to secure us top4.

If it goes wrong we can probably get most if not all back anyways, after all, he's already a Spain international and had a good amount of experience for a young player. I would have preferred Sterling from City but he's on high wages and Ferran knows LaLiga.

FinBarcelonafan

It's a very good deal to me. Everybody was fuming yesterday that we are overpaying again, but this agreement and his low base salary, it sure is a lucrative deal. You can see the hands of Reveter and Alemany all over this deal, and also the good relationship with Man. City officials

This. Pretty happy with this.

Home of Barca Fans