7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

God Serena

I wonder where all those tears you people are crying are gonna go when we win the treble.

Overpaying, even on a huge scale, is much better than wasting similar amounts of money on twice as many trash players like we did under Lucho.

springfield

our starting midfield duo:

Coutinho-----Rakitic

So unbalanced and we still have a hole in the midfield.

Board mistake by buying paulinho. But we need someone like Coutinho more atm. Iniesta will play even less. The other midfielder will have to put a maximum effort and chase for every ball like Rakitics performance in his first season. If this happens and Valverde makes the right decisions, they will be alright. Next summer a quality midfielder should come to control the midfield.

Neymessi

222m for neymar was always a bargain even before the neymar transfer hapenned. We have lukaku done for 80m and morata too for that amount. Neymar is arguably the best player below 28 and has many years left before he starts to decline and is a marketing giant that psg will explore. 222m was always a low buyout amount that was set. Should have been more.

TidinhoM

I dont understand what is the issue with Coutinho 150 mil vs Neymar 225 mil. Perfect fit for barca probably better fit than neymar. Gives us much needed 1on1 ability in midfield which we obviously lack these days and on top of that can play LW CM CAM. Has established himself in Premier League and is willing to join Barcelona whatever it takes. Pay

I don't care about the money, just sign him. If we don't invest in good players, this board will make another stupid transfer like Paulinho, Arda etc.
No matter the player we are after, we'll have to overpay, it's not about Coutinho.

George_Costanza

I wonder where all those tears you people are crying are gonna go when we win the treble.

Overpaying, even on a huge scale, is much better than wasting similar amounts of money on twice as many trash players like we did under Lucho.

I don't want another treble if it means Bartobaba and the 40 thieves still in charge of the club.

SimoSky

Its bad dude, its bad, lets not pretend its not

Clubs like Barca must move money and must buy big players. Sometimes even overpaid them.

It's a matter of marketing, shirt sold, world's fan attraction, sponsor, TV......

Coutinho is a "top class" player of Brazil NT.
Dembélé is a young crack of French NT.

Both will have the forefront of the World Cup..

For Barca is definitely better buy players like Dembele, Coutinho, even overpaid them, than buy players like Arda Turan, Andre Gomes, Goretzka, Marhez, ecc.

Jombi

Clubs like Barca must move money and must buy big players. Sometimes even overpaid them.

It's a matter of marketing, shirt sold, world's fan attraction, sponsor, TV......

Coutinho is a "top class" player of Brazil NT.
Dembélé is a young crack of French NT.

Both will have the forefront of the World Cup..

For Barca is definitely better buy players like Dembele, Coutinho ecc, even overpaid them, that buy players like Arda Turan, Andre Gomes, Goretzka, Marhez, ecc.

It should not be either Coutinho for a ridiculous fee or Arda 2.0 though.

Look at the midfield RM have established through shrewd business. They have 7 class midfielders bought for a total of 150m euros.

Chainsaw

Killahead
In Neymar, we also lost a big revenue generator, he has massive marketing potential. Which PSG will now benefit from.

Why do you bother? It's not your money!

^^ some people's logic on this forum! Like we fans should not bother ourselves why a deal is financially bad business for the club, only because it's not OUR money! :facepalm:

clemente

Word in the streets that the deal is done, we fucked our finances drastically, but at least we will be MUCH better than last season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why do you bother? It's not your money!

^^ some people's logic on this forum! Like we fans should not bother ourselves why a deal is financially bad business for the club, only because it's not OUR money! :facepalm:

You guys are arguing against the wrong people.

Do you guys believe anyone here think our transfer business the last few years have been great? No.

The option right now seem to be either Di Maria for 50m + the 30m penalty clause Real Madrid put in, or Coutinho for 150m.

I do know which one I prefer.

Again, why argue all this against us? The board makes the signings and are notoriously shit at it. People just want us to stop signing shit, brainless players for once and overpay if it takes for a player who could improve the team and play for us for 5 years or more.

Lemar, Dybala, Keita, Goreztka, all of them sound nice, but we're not trying to sign any of them so why argue and whine about people preferring Coutinho over Di Maria or another dud like Paulinho?

Jombi should use his energy to tweet to Bartomeu instead. Not like anyone here decides who we should go for or not.

jairzinho

Word in the streets that the deal is done, we fucked our finances drastically, but at least we will be MUCH better than last season.

We need him, but hope we don't get drained in the process. The best possible scenario now would be to get Coutinho and get rid of Gomes, Arda and Vidal. Make and improved bid for Seri and promote Alena.

Home of Barca Fans