7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Jombi

You just don't get it do you? There is nothing going on behind the scenes,nothing, nada, niente, nichts, if there was anything going on it would leak to the media.

You don't seriously believe they will just come out on the 30th of August and announce the signing let's say of Eriksen, a player we haven't been linked to at all this transfer window? That won't happen, so you see at this point its rly only either Coutinho or fucking Di Maria by the looks of it.

Nonsense. You dont know. Never said that Eriksen is likely, but other options are surely on the table and we are negotiating. Not everything is out in the open. Sometimes a player we havent been strongly linked to is signed or someone where rumors in the media have gone quiet for a long time is signed. The "Coutinho or Di Maria" is just made up rumors. Not facts.

DennyCrane

Because most fans care about how clubs spend their money and they want them to spend their money wisely. Most clubs don't have unlimited amount of money to spend unless you are PSG, if they overpay for one player that means they will have less money spent on accquiring other players that the club needs. And that concerns most fans. Most fans want to see their beloved club in great financial shape because that is the foundation of the success on the pitch. Why is that hard to understand?

On bolded part: That's actually not true. If a club 'buys' a player, the transfer fee is subject to tax depreciation over the course off the contract. Say 150 millions for a player with a five year contract, 30 mil can be written off per year as losses. That's how clubs get around FFP too. Furthermore, the player is an asset. For most clubs, Barca included, the players are usually more than 50 % of total assets. If a club increases the assets, for example by (over)paying for a player (because the transfer fee is the value of the asset),
creditworthiness increases. The result: Better credit - The club can buy more players.

Seriously, what kind of capitalist are you ? :pep:

Garrus

I don't want another treble if it means Bartobaba and the 40 thieves still in charge of the club.
Where is this crystal ball of yours that predicted we definitely won't get a board just as bad as them and We'll readily win two or even three tables without bartobaba, for you to be ready to discard a treble just to get rid of them?, I mean really, We're all interested in taking a look at this magic ball of yours.

What an idiotic statement, You've just lowered the IQ of everyone in this thread by at least 10 points.

vlad

What do you expect to happen?

The whole world knows we failed to sign Veratti, a player who anyone knows pre-Neymar would have cost over 100m. Then the whole world knew Barca received a 222m pay cheque for Neymar. So the whole world knows that Barca have at least 320m euros to spend on players this year.

Do you think if we went after the likes of Thiago, Pjanic, Gorginho, Eriksen etc...players without buyout clauses that their respective clubs wouldn't be demanding 100m+ knowing we have as much money as we do?

But its ridiculous how stupid barca board is, they were targeting 1 fucking player who is world class, and that failed, then neymar happened, im so angry at all this and i cant really celebrate signings like dembele and now maybe coutinho for such a price, because barca got schooled again with bartro, what makes me angry the most is how batro and co. could get away with anything if they just sign some superstar and win some trophy at the end of the season, and that hipocrisy how psg ruined football market when barca does not do much different, its disgrace all this, i can just imagine if team does not land any big trophy this season what a circus that will be

Chainsaw

Killahead
What do you expect to happen?

The whole world knows we failed to sign Veratti, a player who anyone knows pre-Neymar would have cost over 100m. Then the whole world knew Barca received a 222m pay cheque for Neymar. So the whole world knows that Barca have at least 320m euros to spend on players this year.

Do you think if we went after the likes of Thiago, Pjanic, Gorginho, Eriksen etc...players without buyout clauses that their respective clubs wouldn't be demanding 100m+ knowing we have as much money as we do?

All of these don't justify Barca to continue doing the damage PSG has done to the market, spending this INSANE amount for the players who don't worth it. We are only making things worse, not only for ourselves but for the future of the market. All I'm reading here is that, yeah Coutinho and Dembele are better of the worse options, so it's ok to go crazy for them!!! WTH??!! Do you guys realize these two have to perform like superstars for these amounts the club is paying for them, or they end up being called failure? And the club has to look AGAIN for the new players, in a market that them, alongside PSG has inflated to the point of madness.

I like to see the reactions of those who are defending these deals when these two fail to live up to the expectations.

Zincubus

Banned
Brazil NT's official doctor Rodrigo Lasmar on Coutinho "he is in perfect condition to play".

I feel a bit sorry for the lad to be honest . His dream was only to play for Barca and it doesn't look as though it's gonna happen tbh .. We won't be after him next year as it will be Verratti and Dybala topping our wish list ...

Worst thing is that 95% of the adoring Liverpool fans now appear to hate him and want him out !!

JamDav1982

All of these don't justify Barca to continue doing the damage PSG has done to the market, spending this INSANE amount for the players who don't worth it. We are only making things worse, not only for ourselves but for the future of the market. All I'm reading here is that, yeah Coutinho and Dembele are better of the worse options, so it's ok to go crazy for them!!! WTH??!! Do you guys realize these two have to perform like superstars for these amounts the club is paying for them, or they end up being called failure? And the club has to look AGAIN for the new players, in a market that them, alongside PSG has inflated to the point of madness.

I like to see the reactions of those who are defending these deals when these two fail to live up to the expectations.

What do they have to do to be worth the money?

Zincubus

Banned
The thing I don't get is how Dortmund were able to replace Dembele so quick and for only £22 million - how come the Ukraine club didn't screw them over knowing they had £120 million to spend !?!?

Home of Barca Fans