7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

TidinhoM

I ve been reading all the news regarding Coutinho transfer today refreshing my ass off and trying to guess how reliable one source is over another. I conclude : 1)Multiple sources stating and makes most sense that Liverpool want to sign Coutinho replacement first and then proceed with Coutinho to Barca. 2) Now confirmed by Brazil national team that indeed Philippe has no injury and has nt been playing because does not want to play. 3) None of believable or more trusted sources have reported that Coutinho deal is completely out of the table and Liverpool still persist to negotiations.

So I think everything relies on Liverpool getting that replacement more or less.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So basically we are wasting our time on a player that is not attainable anyway. This club. :facepalm:

If Robert said two players, that means Di Maria :facepalm: and who then?

LeeRomeno

People seem to forget 1 important fact. Majority of big deals in football do not involve cash straight up. Most of deals are more like car leases, up to 5 years. So let's say if we would have sold Neymar for regular deal, it would have given us extra income of 45 or so million euros per year, which then is calculated into our purchase budget. But we got Neymar money straight up. This boosts our revenue for this year massively and also allows us to have several big deals without hurting us too bad financially. Sure in long term our transfer money can see some reduction, but if we get our new core, it will not be an issue. Another big part is getting rid of Neymars big wage, which was only gonna get increased over the years.

DennyCrane

Well, I don't know about all those intricacies but I do know that a club's budget during a transfer window is not limitless, if you pay more for player A that means you have less money to pay for player B and C that you want to buy, right?

Isn't that common sense? Or should we all overpay for the sake of having better credit and more debt so we can buy more players in the future in theory?

Well of course, the club needs the cashflow first. I'm just pointing out that the club basically exchanges money for an asset. When a club does that, he can set the transfer fee off against tax and by doing so, save a truckload of taxes. In theory, it could be actually advisable to overpay for a player to create expenses. You're right in so far as budgeting is concerned; that is the real issue. Not the transfer fee itself.

TidinhoM

Liverpool is playing with Salah-Firmino-Mané.

The replacement of Coutinho is Salah.

No, because Klopp saw Coutinho more of a midfield option now and they want to get one solid midfielder beforehand. Im positive Coutinho transfer will happen.

BADGERBHOY

No, because Klopp saw Coutinho more of a midfield option now and they want to get one solid midfielder beforehand. Im positive Coutinho transfer will happen.

The price for him is getting beyond a joke now, just move on and go for someone else who isnt called Di Maria

Andrew M

So basically we are wasting our time on a player that is not attainable anyway. This club. :facepalm:

If Robert said two players, that means Di Maria :facepalm: and who then?

Have you not been following the saga? That public statement was released in the morning on Friday 11th August and barely an hour later or so Coutinho handed in his famous transfer request.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Have you not been following the saga? That public statement was released in the morning on Friday 11th August and barely an hour later or so Coutinho handed in his famous transfer request.

He did, but here we are close to 72 hours until the transfer window closes and Liverpool still insisting he'll stay.

I think it's all about Liverpool being smart and not doing the same mistake we did with Neymar. They want to buy Coutinho's replacement but not get milked by other clubs knowing that they have 150m.
If the Coutinho deal happens it will probably be on the last day of the window, while Liverpool announcing their own transfer(s).

TidinhoM

He did, but here we are close to 72 hours until the transfer window closes and Liverpool still insisting he'll stay.

Liverpool FC has not made a statement for a while now just some guys tweeting that the deal is off. I tell you if Liverpool get a replacement in the coming days then Coutinho is figuring in next El Clasico.

Home of Barca Fans