7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Liverpool FC has not made a statement for a while now just some guys tweeting that the deal is off. I tell you if Liverpool get a replacement in the coming days then Coutinho is figuring in next El Clasico.

That's a huge IF and an uncertainty.

They seemed to go for Thomas Lemar, but Monaco apparently told them they will not entertain any offers.

Andrew M

Everyone at the barca end seems to think the deal is on while everyone on the Liverpool end says he stays. Who is right?

TidinhoM

Everyone at the barca end seems to think the deal is on while everyone on the Liverpool end says he stays. Who is right?

Who are those on the Liverpool´s end ? As I said before I have seen no trusted sources quoting or telling that the deal is off these last couple of days and I ve spent a while searching for legitimate source that can finally rest my brain on the issue.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

tumblr_lf4rof2DZD1qauafro1_500.gif

JamDav1982

Who are those on the Liverpool´s end ? As I said before I have seen no trusted sources quoting or telling that the deal is off and I ve spent a while searching for legitimate source that can finally rest my brain on the issue.

Who do you class as a trusted source from Liverpool end?

Andrew M

Who are those on the Liverpool´s end ? As I said before I have seen no trusted sources quoting or telling that the deal is off these last couple of days and I ve spent a while searching for legitimate source that can finally rest my brain on the issue.

All the LFC mouthpiece journos like Reddy etc. It may a tactic from LFC to force up the fee but it's what they're saying right now.

Whereas the Barca journos are being told by sources from the club that they think it will happen

Last edited:

TidinhoM

Anyone close to the club or a person with a history of reliable information. I ve only seen tweets from guys whose past info hasnt been accurate.

springfield

So basically we are wasting our time on a player that is not attainable anyway. This club. :facepalm:

If Robert said two players, that means Di Maria :facepalm: and who then?

What? Really? He handed in a transfer request minutes after this statement. He didn't play because of back injury, then he was ill and now suddenly he's ok to play for the national team. So basically he didn't want to play for Liverpool. He's really desperate to join Barcelona and that's why they keep trying. Liverpool is the only big problem. Only difference with Dembele is that he still shows up at the club.

Liverpool had a statement about Torres back in 2011, 3 days later his transfer was announced. So it's not definite.

DonAK

Anyone close to the club or a person with a history of reliable information. I ve only seen tweets from guys whose past info hasnt been accurate.

Then you've not been paying any attention since every reliable Liverpool journalist there like what you describe have said the same.

Not for sale and won't be sold.

DonAK

Can you please post a link or direct me to these guys?

I'll give you the most reliable one of them all first

[tw]901132515582369792[/tw]

I hope he comes, but there is little time left and Coutinho might have to go public now to force the issue even more

Tiny Kim

Probably depends on the Lemar deal as well. If Liverpool can get VVD + Lemar now, there's not much reason for them to keep an unhappy player around when the squad would be strong enough to handle his loss. Plus Coutinho is the "moody" type, unlike Suarez who hardly ever lets off-field incidents affect his in-game mindset.

Unfortunately, Monaco is unwilling to part with Lermar this window and Southampton are still not budging on VVD's issue. That probably means LFC would be unwilling to let go of Coutinho as well.

Home of Barca Fans