7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messi983

Monaco are interested in Origi so a swap + cash could be on for Lemar. i think that is the key to Coutinhos exit right now

and lol@ that Neymar tweet, that story is a crock of shit

Don't think that's still true after they've signed Jovetić.

I think they'll have to pay 100M or more for Lemar and even then Monaco could still reject them. They don't have to sell anymore this summer.

You have to play defense too to make it far in the CL. Teams like Bayern, Juve and RM will crush them.

We spent many years without a good defense, but we had good forwards and midfield. Liverpool also have a good coach. Don't underestimate them yet. On paper, we were supposed to be a little better than what Juventus did to us last season, I think.

Gnidrologist

Neymar got his panties in a wad because of that bonus we refuse to give him.

It's hard to fathom that thing at all as the expression ''loyalty bonus'' imply reward for being loyal. He was't. How did he imagine reward for not meeting the expectations reward was dealt for to begin with? Even our retarded board got that.

Andrew M

We spent many years without a good defense, but we had good forwards and midfield. Liverpool also have a good coach. Don't underestimate them yet. On paper, we were supposed to be a little better than what Juventus did to us last season, I think.

I think 'good forwards and midfield' is underselling it. We had one of the best teams of all time.

Givenchy

Don't think that's still true after they've signed Jovetić.

I think they'll have to pay 100M or more for Lemar and even then Monaco could still reject them. They don't have to sell anymore this summer.

fair point. if Mbappe and Lemar leaves they'll need more than Jovetic though

5ergio_Busquets

Well, if he takes advises from Moneymar then he better stays where he is.
We don't want another player who misses important matches to attend his sister's birthday.

xXKonan

It's hard to fathom that thing at all as the expression ''loyalty bonus'' imply reward for being loyal. He was't. How did he imagine reward for not meeting the expectations reward was dealt for to begin with? Even our retarded board got that.
It's why I have a hard to believing anything he says in regards to the Board. we all know the board is shit but the irony is he started speaking out against them as soon as he left PSG and knew he wasn't going to get that loyalty bonus.

He deliberately stalled his move to PSG or to say anything until the 26th of July which was supposedly the day him and his dipshit father can get the 26 million euros. he's throwing his toys around once we told him he ain't getting shit and now he's trying to tell his buddies that "Don't go to Barcelona you won't regret it!"

It's a loyalty bonus for a reason.

I think 'good forwards and midfield' is underselling it. We had one of the best teams of all time.
The game has evolved, but Barca can't see it. They still wanted to keep signing midgets, as if that's the way the game is played today. We need strong players, with good skills, but also good physical attributes. that's why we have struggled. Look at Barca's youth teams, they keep buying short players who can do "tiki taka". We either evolve, or we are gonna be left behind.

Messi983

We first had a worldclass midfield with the best player ever and then we had arguably the best attacking trio in the history with the best player ever. Liverpool has nothing of that.

Don't get me wrong, they have a very good team, I like Klopp and the way they play but at the same time Klopp's system is also very demanding (and EPL is more physical league than La Liga so you can't really compare their situation with Barça) so it's more possible their key players will get injured. I would like them to win EPL but just don't think they are ready for anything big in CL. Maybe they will be in a few years if they can keep improving but not now, especially if they will really lose Coutinho.

And as I said above, I still don't believe in their defense (including GK).

Bayern got it right, and that's why they became a threat for a while. You have to be able to combine the midgets with strong physical players who can't divide the ball when needed. Busquets still one of our weakest spots, but he's catalan, so we are gonna have to deal with him until he's 35 years old.

Andrew M

The game has evolved, but Barca can't see it. They still wanted to keep signing midgets, as if that's the way the game is played today. We need strong players, with good skills, but also good physical attributes. that's why we have struggled. Look at Barca's youth teams, they keep buying short players who can do "tiki taka". We either evolve, or we are gonna be left behind.

You're really going to pursue that argument?

People were saying the same thing 10 years ago when the likes of Mourinho's Chelsea were around and players like Vieira and Essien were fashionable. It's why we signed Yaya.

We first had a worldclass midfield with the best player ever and then we had arguably the best attacking trio in the history with the best player ever. Liverpool has nothing of that.

Don't get me wrong, they have a very good team, I like Klopp and the way they play but at the same time Klopp's system is also very demanding (and EPL is more physical league than La Liga so you can't really compare their situation with Barça) so it's more possible their key players will get injured. I would like them to win EPL but just don't think they are ready for anything big in CL. Maybe they will be in a few years if they can keep improving but not now, especially if they will really lose Coutinho.

And as I said above, I still don't believe in their defense (including GK).

they just bought Naby Kaita, so I think they are serious about the project. We will see what happens in the CL though, that's another story.

You're really going to pursue that argument?

People were saying the same thing 10 years ago when the likes of Mourinho's Chelsea were around and players like Vieira and Essien were fashionable. It's why we signed Yaya.

if your team controls the other team, having a player like Busquets is fine. But if you have to worry about counters against good attacking teams, players like Busquets are just a liability. you need players who are fast and strong to break down counters. That's common sense.

MessiTHEgoat

Because they beat Arsenal?

tbf, liverpool are really dangerous against big teams, i watched them last season they never lost a match against a top 6 side: https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/838121878115995649
they defeated us last year 4-0 and this year bayern 3-0 (yeah i know they are pre-season games but still) , their problem is that they are really shit against low tier clubs lol, they drew against watford 3-3 but they trashed arsenal 4-0 without any signing & lallana & phil. i'd say they'll be a threat to any team in ucl.

Home of Barca Fans