7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

SeaDragon

I guess this is over.. Hope we have a plan b and its not di fucking maria.... Still funny how they tried to sell the injury story and he is right now with brasil and will play most likely :lol:

Di Maria doesn't even play in the same position...without Coutinho the board can't sign Di Maria, it would kill them.

Birdy

If this board has any bit of cleverness in them, they should do what Liverpool did today with Naby Keita.
Sign him now for next summer. Ensure at least he will join in a year, and quit all the megalomanic BS of "now or never". We all know very well that quality players around are not so abundant, and the fit Coutinho can provide for the Iniesta position is not to be found anywhere else...

Devils

I still believe.

Not signing a top midfielder means the board is fucking toast. This was and remains the most important signing, even before the Neymar fiasco it was critical. It would be a colossal failure and completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

SeaDragon

If this board has any bit of cleverness in them, they should do what Liverpool did today with Naby Keita.
Sign him now for next summer. Ensure at least he will join in a year, and quit all the megalomanic BS of "now or never". We all know very well that quality players around are not so abundant, and the fit Coutinho can provide for the Iniesta position is not to be found anywhere else...

You can't spend more than 150 million just to wait until the next year...they had months in order to sign this guy, way before the whole Neymar fiasco. We need a team now or else Madrid is going to stomp again as we lose more prestige.

potatocouch

Be like Ajax? Are you serious? We have the biggest revenues in the world. They are penniless. The reason they have to play young players is because their good ones all leave by age 23

This mentality ... meaning you putting label of "Rip Me Off" on your face all the time.

In the event where you want immediate impact, utilize our "biggest revenues in the world" .... but for the remainder ...... nurture the youngsters, spot them early !!! (enough said).

Icarium

Lifestealer

It is very idiotic to spend 150M around and not get him this summer, if it is for next summer we shouldn't pay a cent more than 80M.

Co0ter

I have mixed feelings about Coutinho. I'd love for us to sign him but it's just crazy that we'd be paying twice as much as what he'd realistically go for last summer. Just insane. It just makes you wonder if there are other players we could buy for 70mil each like Lemar and Fabinho to better spend the money.

Then again signing Fabinho would also make Paulinhos transfer be even more useless and wasteful...but is Lemar/Fabinho or similar type players better than signing Coutinho?

He wouldn't be the savior of our midfield, nor would losing out on him specifically be the end of the world (notice I'm saying that about missing out on Coutinho specifically, not about not having a decent midfield, which we won't for at least another season if we fail to get Coutinho), but he'd be a good start. But even if we get him, we'll still need another midfielder next summer.

I agree with Icarium that if we fail and come back for him next summer, we shouldn't offer more than 80m unless he has a season on the level of prime Iniesta. Should be less than that if we pay now to get him next summer.

Last edited:

Mesimenia

lets be honest, we sign Poulinho to sign Coutinho because Kia (Agent of two players) commit Barca that if Barca sign his awful player he will try his best to get Coutinho. our Board takes the bait and Barca look mug. :banghead: This year he will be playing for Liverpool that is 100% sure. but I fear next year he may join PSG as his pal will convince him.

Mesimenia

what I know from reliable Liverpool Media & Forum that they have transfer budget of 220m euro with sales of Stewart, Lucas, Sakho, Markovic will raise to 300m. they are waiting for their CL place confirmation. after that they are start using their fund. and it's not related to Coutinho sale. the owner want to back their manager by spending big after few seasons of low spend.

springfield

what I know from reliable Liverpool Media & Forum that they have transfer budget of 220m euro with sales of Stewart, Lucas, Sakho, Markovic will raise to 300m. they are waiting for their CL place confirmation. after that they are start using their fund. and it's not related to Coutinho sale. the owner want to back their manager by spending big after few seasons of low spend.

What are you talking about, CL place confirmation? Liverpool has won their CL qualification matches and the CL draw already took place. They made huge bids on Keita and VVD early this summer before Barcelona's chase on Coutinho. So we already know this had nothing to do with Coutinho.

Do you even know about the transfer window at all? Alot of things happened. The transfer window will close day after tomorrow. So you say they will sell 4 players still and wait for this money to buy others with only less than 3 days remaining?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans