7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Gnidrologist

The game has evolved, but Barca can't see it. They still wanted to keep signing midgets, as if that's the way the game is played today. We need strong players, with good skills, but also good physical attributes. that's why we have struggled. Look at Barca's youth teams, they keep buying short players who can do "tiki taka". We either evolve, or we are gonna be left behind.
Bollocks. Barca circa 2008-2012 dominated despite being physically not as juggernaut-y as a lot of other teams, including some of the toughest rivals. It took incredible talent of every individual player and great chemistry that Pep instilled. We had top3 world class players in almost every position at the time. With all due respect, but most of our current squad is not even near that quality objectively. Busquets and Messi is all that remain in tact, although somewhat declining, from that era.

Messi983

fair point. if Mbappe and Lemar leaves they'll need more than Jovetic though

They have Falcao, Jovetić, Carillo and Diakhaby for forward positions. I think that's enough. And IF Lemar leaves (which I don't believe) I doubt Origi would be his replacement.

In other words, I don't think Origi is good/attractive enough player for Monaco to be a deal-breaker in a possibly Lemar transfer.

Also, player+money swap almost never happen even if they are rumoured a lot in the media. But this is usually just journalists getting creative and trying to connect some dots. Monaco was interested in Origi as a possible Mbappe's replacement (before they signed Jovetić). Liverpool wants Lemar. Let's make a money + Origi offer for Lemar and everyone will be happy. That's just a theory, in reality things don't work like that most of the times for different reasons. One of them is that you have to convince the worse player (in this case Origi) to join a club you want him to join (Monaco) to make a deal for the better player (Lemar) work, when Origi maybe prefers to join another club or even stay at Liverpool. But most players would just reject those deals because they don't want to be used this way. Football is not NBA where player for player trades are something normal.

Messi983

they just bought Naby Kaita, so I think they are serious about the project. We will see what happens in the CL though, that's another story.

Keita won't join them until next year but I also believe they are serious about their project. That's why I don't believe they'll really sell Coutinho even if we are apparently (again) close to sign him. But it was the same thing a week ago, two weeks ago,... and then nothing happened. It's just #matterofhours again I guess. :D But this time for real since transfer window is closing in 3 days and this story will end one way or another before then.

MessiTHEgoat

parto signed paulinho for this very reason, and this very moment :bartomeu: , what a legend.

21078348_1830523826976291_5206808547249565038_n.jpg

tomorow phil will speak out to force the board to sell :paulinho:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was over a long time ago, just some folks refuse to believe it, including some in the club wasting the precious time left fixated on someone who is impossible to get.

Wake up please.

potatocouch

IMO, there is no need to sign Coutinho.

Coutinho is 25 yo .. understandably still at his prime .. but with our overall aging team .. (Pique, Messi, Suarez, Iniesta) .. what we need is to regenerate ... we have a good academy .. we can produce good eggs.

Barcelona should be like BVB Dortmund or Ajax ... nurture their youngsters ... spot good talents ... buy them early and let them grow.

Andrew M

IMO, there is no need to sign Coutinho.

Coutinho is 25 yo .. understandably still at his prime .. but with our overall aging team .. (Pique, Messi, Suarez, Iniesta) .. what we need is to regenerate ... we have a good academy .. we can produce good eggs.

Barcelona should be like BVB Dortmund or Ajax ... nurture their youngsters ... spot good talents ... buy them early and let them grow.

Be like Ajax? Are you serious? We have the biggest revenues in the world. They are penniless. The reason they have to play young players is because their good ones all leave by age 23

I would be surprised if Liverpool don't deny that they are selling Coutinho. Can you imagine if Liverpool tell the entire world that they are getting more than 100 millions for Coutinho? They wouldn't be able to get a replacement without getting ripped off. You tell everyone you are not selling your player, then you find a replacement, and then when the world least expects it, you sell your player without having to worry about signing anyone. Liverpool are doing it the way it should be done

Home of Barca Fans