7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Devils

Nope. If we go after Lemar his price would go well over 100m+ as well.

Unless there is a buyout or a player is on the last year of their contract. We are going to get ripped apart in no matter who we go for. Lemar, Eriksen, Gorginho...whoever, their price will skyrocket the second we call the club asking to negotiate for them. Because every single person in the football world knows how much we have in the banks.

If people are going to complain about Coutinho's price, at least realize it's going to be a similar ordeal with whoever else we target.

craig

No he WONT! Liverpool will buy Keita for 60m, Lemar for 80m and will bid 80m for VVD. All in last 3 days of TW because they had that money under their bed, they just forgot about it.

Maybe they needed CL qualification to confirm they make the extra money? Or Lemar wanted to go a CL team only, so they waited to attempt?
They were already trying to buy van Dijk from May, and Keita long time I think. They dont pay keita until 2018.

Jombi

Nope. If we go after Lemar his price would go well over 100m+ as well.

Unless there is a buyout or a player is on the last year of their contract. We are going to get ripped apart in no matter who we go for. Lemar, Eriksen, Gorginho...whoever, their price will skyrocket the second we call the club asking to negotiate for them. Because every single person in the football world knows how much we have in the banks.

If people are going to complain about Coutinho's price, at least realize it's going to be a similar ordeal with whoever else we target.

I dont think there is any indiciation that Lemar would cost us well over 100m. If we have multiple options, which means we are not desperate, the selling club act foolish if they demand stupid fees and the deal falls through as they wont get a second chance to sell the player for that amount.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
giphy.gif

Devils

I dont think there is any indiciation that Lemar would cost us well over 100m. If we have multiple options, which means we are not desperate, the selling club act foolish if they demand stupid fees and the deal falls through as they wont get a second chance to sell the player for that amount.

How are we not desperate? The board are trying to make these signings to save their jobs at this point and salvage our season. I don't think there are many people out there who are oblivious to these things at the moment. The chaos at Barcelona has been well documented in the media this summer.

Going by Lemar Liverpool rumors, Liverpool are offering 75-80m + Origi for him, so overall around 100m for him in the total valuation. That surely would increase if we stepped in at this point.

Zincubus

Banned

The NOT so funny part of this whole mess is the thing that has been forgotten somehow ... that all our offers so far have been based around instalments over 5 years !?!?

Confirmed a few hours ago by a Liverpool based press officer on TalkSport ...

There's no chance we will get him on the never , never ..

wisconsincule

If this falls through I'd rather not panic buy anyone. I can totally see us buying Dimaria which should be the nail in Bartos coffin. Helping PSG out by buying one of their rejects. Sounds like something these imbeciles would do.

Givenchy

If this doesn't happen, Seri is a must...

we burned that bridge. would of loved to see Seri here, Xavi even sounded him out yet Barto fucked him around. Nice didn't respect the agreement with Seri but still we haggled over 10m

that plan b shit is hilarious, fucking Griezmann?! we need a midfielder

Birdy

It is very idiotic to spend 150M around and not get him this summer, if it is for next summer we shouldn't pay a cent more than 80M.

Idiotic is to miss on him totally because of stubbornness.. (And Liverpool showed the way)
What if PSG gets him next year? 80m? You are kidding right? If we are discussing now about 150m, then after a similar season and a WC plus the football inflation his price will be >200m

PS: Things change every second. Latest reports say he may come now for 160m. In any case, we will shortly know.
If he doesn't come now, i think board's stubbornness may cause to never get him

SeaDragon

we burned that bridge. would of loved to see Seri here, Xavi even sounded him out yet Barto fucked him around. Nice didn't respect the agreement with Seri but still we haggled over 10m

that plan b shit is hilarious, fucking Griezmann?! we need a midfielder

Relationships with Nice are fine as we just sent Marlon there, and i bet Seri would still love to come.

But...i think Cou is comming no matter what (160k, 170K?).

JohnS

Barca are a spent force. They have had their golden period and now must try to rebuild. Where will they find another Xavi or Iniesta ? Delofeu and Semedo ? Paulinho ? Do me a favour. Both Suarez and Messi are in their 30s now and may last a year or 2 more. A major rebuilding job for Barcelona. Liverpool will go from strength to strength with Klopp. How quickly we improve depends on us getting in the players that we want. A game Liverpool V Barca next season would be very interesting.

jamrock

Liverpool would probably best is this season if we met in the CL to be honest, especially if they sign a decent defender

Home of Barca Fans