7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

jj_101

I still think this is all Messi's fault. Everything went to shit when he dyed his hair blonde and grew that rediculous beard.

Zuti

lol this source

it's not about the source, but about this beeing the most likely case, that would explain what's been going on in the last few days. Anyways, there are no reliable sources other then the official ones, this transfer window is proof of that.

Either he's already ours or the deal has fallen through completely. Don't think we're getting any more info until he's announced or it's September 2nd and he isn't.

Actually, I'm not sure things would be this quiet if Liverpool had rejected us again. With how desperate the board is for Coutinho, surely there would at least be rumors of an improved bid. The Mahrez story seems like fake news since he's supposedly signing for every club in europe right now :lol:

Everyone was reporting that we bought him until Liverpool and their mouthpieces denied it. Since then it's been dead silent. I think it's very likely that means the announcement is being delayed until Lemar is bought. Since we've already bought him, media doesn't have anything to talk about, not like we're making new bids or anything. Would also explain MD's clearly made up to sell papers "Plan B" cover, because there's literally nothing for them to talk about, so they have to make shit up like they usually do.

Last edited:

Messi983

Either he's already ours or the deal has fallen through completely. Don't think we're getting any more info until he's announced or it's September 2nd and he isn't.

Actually, I'm not sure things would be this quiet if Liverpool had rejected us again. With how desperate the board is for Coutinho, surely there would at least be rumors of an improved bid. The Mahrez story seems like fake news since he's supposedly signing for every club in europe right now :lol:

Everyone was reporting that we bought him until Liverpool and their mouthpieces denied it. Since then it's been dead silent. I think it's very likely that means the announcement is being delayed until Lemar is bought. Since we've already bought him, media doesn't have anything to talk about, not like we're making new bids or anything. Would also explain MD's clearly made up to sell papers "Plan B" cover, because there's literally nothing for them to talk about, so they have to make shit up like they usually do.

I think you're right.

But if Liverpool fails to buy Lemar today and we'll know we won't get Cou then we can still bid 150M for Lemar tomorrow. :lol:

I think you're right.

But if Liverpool fails to buy Lemar today and we'll know we won't get Cou then we can still bid 150M for Lemar tomorrow. :lol:

I'm no longer even sure it depends on whether Lemar gets bought. Otherwise we'd be getting reports of "Liverpool will sell Coutinho if they get Lemar", no? Unless they're doing a very good job of keeping that under wraps, the only way this makes sense is if he's already a Barca player.

If he's already a Barca player, he'll be announced either when Lemar is or on the deadline.

Last edited:

slvtn

I still think this is all Messi's fault. Everything went to shit when he dyed his hair blonde and grew that rediculous beard.

Imagine we sign Griezmann one day. i'd happily welcome him, but just if he gets a proper haircut before. That desperate homeless housewife look just doesnt suit.

Well, I still hope the deal is done and everyone keeps it quiet.

Interlop

There is always silence before we buy someone. Let's hope for the best, I'm certain we'll get one of Coutinho, Lemar or Mahrez today.

There is always silence before we buy someone. Let's hope for the best, I'm certain we'll get one of Coutinho, Lemar or Mahrez today.

When have we even been linked with Lemar?

Unless... he's Robert's surprise signing

But that surprise signing was supposed to be bought together with Coutinho, not in his place, no?

Last edited:

Messi983

I'm not even sure it depends on whether Lemar gets bought. Otherwise we'd be getting reports of "Liverpool will sell Coutinho if they get Lemar", no? Unless they're doing a very good job of keeping that under wraps, the only way this makes sense is if he's already a Barca player.

I think it's possible that Liverpool has agreed to sell Coutinho IF they can get a replacement and it seems Lemar is their main (and given it's the last day of transfer window for them their only) target. And it would make much sense for them to keep this quiet to make negotiations with Monaco a bit easier. If Monaco will know they just got 160M or whatever for Coutinho then they'd possibly demand 10 or 20M more for Lemar (IF they are willing to sell at all that is but I think they are since they already bought his possible replacement). And well, if they don't get Lemar then they just keep Coutinho and deal with his unhappiness however they want.

That's why it's understandable Liverpool's official stance is still that Cou is not for sale and all of their reliable journalists are reporting that as a fact. It wouldn't help Liverpool if they would come out with "Liverpool will sell Coutinho if they get Lemar" reports. But it doesn't mean nothing is going on in the background.

Done deal for who? Us or Lpool?

Watched his highligts against Marseille... Not that he is not good, but just not what we need. He is good for thoose crosses, but we dont play that way. He is like traditional winger, which we dont use/have. And cant beat man 1-on-1 in tight places like Coutinho can.

Zuti

I think it's possible that Liverpool has agreed to sell Coutinho IF they can get a replacement and it seems Lemar is their main (and given it's the last day of transfer window for them their only) target. And it would make much sense for them to keep this quiet to make negotiations with Monaco a bit easier. If Monaco will know they just got 160M or whatever for Coutinho then they'd possibly demand 10 or 20M more for Lemar (IF they are willing to sell at all that is but I think they are since they already bought his possible replacement). And well, if they don't get Lemar then they just keep Coutinho and deal with his unhappiness however they want.

That's why it's understandable Liverpool's official stance is still that Cou is not for sale and all of their reliable journalists are reporting that as a fact. It wouldn't help Liverpool if they would come out with "Liverpool will sell Coutinho if they get Lemar" reports. But it doesn't mean nothing is going on in the background.

Not buying this anymore, Barca would be stupid to agree to wait, it would leave us only half a day to find another target. Coutinho either is already a Barca player, or the deal is long dead.

Raketa10

Watched his highligts against Marseille... Not that he is not good, but just not what we need. He is good for thoose crosses, but we dont play that way. He is like traditional winger, which we dont use/have. And cant beat man 1-on-1 in tight places like Coutinho can.

This! I agree 100%. Lemar would for sure be a much better fit for Liverpool.

I hope they will sign him today so we can get Coutinho.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans