7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

JamDav1982

Alena has a similar style to Coutinho. Valverde should gives him the minutes to develop and give him confidence but i doesn't look like he rates him at the moment.

For now Alena is probaby best served to develop in B team. If too good for that as season goes on can start using him but alternative of first team bench and less minutes probably not best option.

khaled_a_d

Alena has a similar style to Coutinho. Valverde should gives him the minutes to develop and give him confidence but i doesn't look like he rates him at the moment.

Alena is playing regularly in Barca B and we will use him from time to time with 1st team to ease the transition for him. But in a club like Barca this is going to be long process atm. promoting too early could really ruin young players.
I think EV rates him, he just want his development to take its coarse and not taking risks with him.

5ergio_Busquets

Alena is playing regularly in Barca B and we will use him from time to time with 1st team to ease the transition for him. But in a club like Barca this is going to be long process atm. promoting too early could really ruin young players.
I think EV rates him, he just want his development to take its coarse and not taking risks with him.

Playing for Barca B wouldn't help him improve. If I remember correctly he was promised to be promoted to first team this season and now this didn't happen, so I imagine he got a bit disappointed.
He is good enough for first team and certainly better than Arda and Gomes. This long and slow process doesn't exist anymore, now you see 18yo players playing for top teams and cost more than 100m.

JamDav1982

Playing for Barca B wouldn't help him improve. If I remember correctly he was promised to be promoted to first team this season and now this didn't happen, so I imagine he get a bit disappointed.
He is good enough for first team and certainly better than Arda and Gomes. This long and slow process doesn't exist anymore, now you see 18yo players playing for top teams and cost more than 100m.

Yes it will. Playing every week at a higher level and trying to get to point where he is runnig games at that level will help him more than sitting on first team bench.

Arda and Gomes shouldnt be getting much minutes anyway.

Total-Football

Early promotions do Wonder to natural talents .. Many players who have been kicked upwards benefited from that. Now it's up to the manager to spot that and have faith in alena.. Of course it's not gonna show in the very first games but he should be patient. We have nothing to loose this season. If there is an opportune time then it's this season.

Liverpool was not willing to match Arsenal's 100m bid for Lemar. That makes me think they're not expecting to accept the 160m for Coutinho.

JamDav1982

Early promotions do Wonder to natural talents .. Many players who have been kicked upwards benefited from that. Now it's up to the manager to spot that and have faith in alena.. Of course it's not gonna show in the very first games but he should be patient. We have nothing to loose this season. If there is an opportune time then it's this season.

Early promotions can be damaging and that was the ideas of likes of Pep who set in place stages that a player should go through to develop towards first team.

Alena is best served becoming one of leaders in B team and occasional call ups for now.

khaled_a_d

Playing for Barca B wouldn't help him improve. If I remember correctly he was promised to be promoted to first team this season and now this didn't happen, so I imagine he got a bit disappointed.

1-He wasn't promised promotion this season, you didn't remember correctly
2-This long slow progress exists, you can ask Munir & Sandro if early promotion benefited them. or Bojan and GDS. Last player under 20 promoted in the club and wasn't hurt by it was Messi, and even him you can argue he wasn't ready physically for the promotion with 3 years of injuries early in his career.
3-Barca B would do ton for him, Alena is still raw and inconsistent, right now he is young prospect and when he has a game where he makes good simple passes with 1st team people get excited. promote him and he is under the microscope and people will get frusterated by such games, he will be under immense pressure both physically and mentally for a player of his age. let him stay one year and get games when needed. better talents like Busquets and Thiago waited until they were 20 to get promoted (and our midfield was even worse in Busquets case) and they continued with B team to continue their development

Porque

Liverpool failed on their signings. Time to get Lemar and forget Coutinho. PSG will go hard for him next year.

khaled_a_d

Liverpool failed on their signings. Time to get Lemar and forget Coutinho. PSG will go hard for him next year.

With 180M capped for Mpabbe I doubt PSG will have the ability to compete with us for CoutinhoLemar (whoever you are referring too)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I understand that Coutinho is the main target, but surely SURELY after all of the resistance Liverpool have shown, even our board must have some alternative plan for tomorrow.

It's impossible to believe that they haven't considered Liverpool rejecting again.

These knuckleheads really are hopeless, sometimes I felt like I want to strangle them... Not literally of course.

They have just one way of approaching things and no alternatives and other plans. It is always THIS or nothing. Sigh.

They are going to convince themselves that they can still sign Coutinho all day tomorrow and then when it is around 11:55pm they will be like "Shit, we should have put out an offer on Lemar, well, it is too late now..."

This will not go down well at all.

These knuckleheads really are hopeless, sometimes I felt like I want to strangle them... Not literally of course.

They have just one way of approaching things and no alternatives and other plans. It is always THIS or nothing. Sigh.

They are going to convince themselves that they can still sign Coutinho all day tomorrow and then when it is around 11:55pm they will be like "Shit, we should have put out an offer on Lemar, well, it is too late now..."

This will not go down well at all.

Better Coutinho or nothing than Coutinho or Di Maria.

Home of Barca Fans