7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
You can have Coutinho next year - as we'll have twelve months to scout a replacement. In the mean time I look forward to Coutinho in our midfield threading the ball to Mane, Salah and Firmino!

Plus I can wear my orange Liverpool away kit with the Coutinho lettering on it I bought in July instead of giving it to a charity shop :D

Sadly , if we don't get Coutinho in the next few hours I think that he will have missed out on the one and only chance of joining us ... I also predict that he will take it badly and will be a shadow of his former self ... added to the clear animosity of many of the Liverpool fans won't help at all . Any sign of giving less than 100% or a few matches where he's not amazing and a few could turn on him .

His only chance and it's a slight on as well is the Xmas window - in my view !!

Thing is , next summer we won't be looking at him , the world and Barca's midfield will have changed , I suspect we will go all out for Dybala next summer - short term replacement for Suarez , long term replacement for Messi ...in the meantime gawd-willing hopefully Gomes / Roberto / young Suarez / or another will prove they're good enough for our midfield.

JamDav1982

Sadly , if we don't get Coutinho in the next few hours I think that he will have missed out on the one and only chance of joining us ... I also predict that he will take it badly and will be a shadow of his former self ... added to the clear animosity of many of the Liverpool fans won't help at all . Any sign of giving less than 100% or a few matches where he's not amazing and a few could turn on him .

Thing is , next summer we won't be looking at him , the world and Barca's midfield will have changed , I suspect we will go all out for Dybala next summer - short term replacement for Suarez , long term replacement for Messi ...in the meantime gawd-willing hopefully Gomes / Roberto / young Suarez / or another will prove they're good enough for our midfield.

Dybala is not needed at all.

Need pace and energy not a poor mans Messi.

Andrew M

good remark about the pound falling down. Also the revenues are meaningless if u don't take into account the salaries, we pay outrageous wages.

Yes, when the last Deliotte money league was published in JAN 2017 they took the exchange rate from around June 2016 before BREXIT where the Euro was worth about 1.45 to the Pound. Now 1 pound is worth 1.09 to the Euro. A massive shift which means Utd have the THIRD highest revenue behind Barca and Real at present. Man Utd also have more net debt than Us and Real.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

He can take it badly but that will mean he'll not be playing in the world cup - as a starter at least. You may be right but we will see.

Zincubus

Banned
He can take it badly but that will mean he'll not be playing in the world cup - as a starter at least. You may be right but we will see.

The Brazil guys know him better than your owners , they know he's absolutely vital to their success ?

Look how fantastically well he played last night despite being smack in the middle of this mess .

When he realises that chance has finally gone , about midnight tonight - you may have a different player on your books and forsaken £170 million as well !!

Home of Barca Fans