7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Press conference robert and soler.... After long negotiations liverpool wanted 200m at the last day...Wouldnt be surprised if psg called and told they will buy him next year for 200m...

Thanks, where can I read the full transcript of the press conference?

I don't think they would just make that up because LFC would call them out, right?

LeeRomeno

Name one world class midfielder in our squad other than Busquets.

We don't even have a proper Xavi replacement, which should have been taken care of 4 years ago (thank the clowns running the club for throwing Thiago away). Now we desperately need an Iniesta replacement as well. Should have sold Fabregas, kept Thiago and bought Isco in 2013. A little more vision and planning and our midfield would be set for at least 5 more years, instead of being the mess it currently is. But no, let's rely on a 33 year old Xavi, 30 year old Iniesta and a Fabregas who couldn't perform past December to save his life.

I knew the direction our midfield was going the moment Thiago was sold. It's still to this day our board's greatest sin other than the Paulinho signing.

Sigh, football is not individual game. You do not need 11 world class players to fight for titles, it has been proved many times. Same team that flopped under Benitez shined under Zidane. Same team that sucked balls once Lucho game as coach saw total makeover after they cleared the shit between each other.
Also how about you stop living in past. I don't know how many times Thiago case has been discussed here. Fact is that NOONE knew how things would turn out. You never do. How many people expected Bojan to turn out as he has. Now imagine we sold him after his breakthrough season. Seriously, what is the point of sulking over stuff that happened years ago and no one can do anything about.

Pepsbarca

I'm sorry but that is very pessimistic. I don't think you understand about debt and how it works so please resist commenting further. Our finances are healthy.

If the finances are healthy then why did the board offer so little for Coutinho? The last offer was 90m, paid over 5 years, with unreachable add ons. Was it that the board did not want the player or that the money wasn't there?

JamDav1982

If the finances are healthy then why did the board offer so little for Coutinho? The last offer was 90m, paid over 5 years, with unreachable add ons. Was it that the board did not want the player or that the money wasn't there?

How do you claim to know what the last bid was?

LeeRomeno

Nope our midfield could be worse because everebody aged by +1 year while Rakitic aged by 5+. Our attack is worse because let's be honest, Neymar > Dembele. Plus he has to develop synergy and 'adapt to our team'. Our defence? We might've improved in the RB area but according to our spineless coach Semedo 'needs time to adapt'. CBs aged too, only Umtiti stands strong. And we got Vermaelen back instead of Marlon??!! Messi might be pissed with the board, the whole team might be, we were a laughing stock in the transfer window, our team is demotivated and lacking spirit, it will be easier to break us before we pick ourselves up. So yeah, I fucking think that this season will be worse. And forget about Copa too

Yes it is a miracle. Our squad aged, Reals did not. They still the same age as in 2016. Our coach has had exactly 4 games into long season, but obviously he is bad, although he actually won 2 games we most probably would have lost last season. So spineless...
Marlon was not in team last season. We basically replaced Mathieu with Verm as 4th CB option. Don't think it would make big difference considering his form last season. As for rest, it's AUGUST. Let's call it a season, makes do much sense.

gasgas

Sigh, football is not individual game. You do not need 11 world class players to fight for titles, it has been proved many times. Same team that flopped under Benitez shined under Zidane. Same team that sucked balls once Lucho game as coach saw total makeover after they cleared the shit between each other.
Also how about you stop living in past. I don't know how many times Thiago case has been discussed here. Fact is that NOONE knew how things would turn out. You never do. How many people expected Bojan to turn out as he has. Now imagine we sold him after his breakthrough season. Seriously, what is the point of sulking over stuff that happened years ago and no one can do anything about.
Are you one of the socis?

Home of Barca Fans