7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

JamDav1982

Check out the times and telegraph on the day the bid came in.

£80m over five years

Add one include winging the balon d'or, multiple trophy wins in a year and winning the CL multiple times

Do try to keep up.

You need to keep up and stop picking and choosing the rumours that suit.

There were plenty of reports of higher bids.

Yet only the one you want to be true was 'leaked'.

Your the one that needs to keep up clearly.

JamDav1982

The entire British media.

Who said without fail he wouldn't be sold.

Guess what, Liverpool didn't sell him. Which side do you think is telling the truth?

The side that has a consistent story, or the side that has made things up all the way through.

Hmmmm

Same British media that reported higher bids.

Hmmmm.

British media at various times said he would be sold as well. Do try to keep up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The entire British media.

Who said without fail he wouldn't be sold.

Guess what, Liverpool didn't sell him. Which side do you think is telling the truth?

The side that has a consistent story, or the side that has made things up all the way through.

Hmmmm

Hahaha. English media my ass, of course they will side with LFC and report whatever narrative LFC wants them to report.

Tepid water

Yip so them reporting a bid of 90m doesn't mean it was leaked by Liverpool as I said.

Thankyou for finally catching up.

Sigh.... that €90m (£80m) bid is the €138m bid.

It was only €90m gaurenteed and that was paid over five years. The add ons were a series of highly unlikely add ons.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have a question: If COutinho was not for sale at any price as LFC insisted, what does it matter how much Barca's offer was?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not trying to defend the incompetent crooks running the club, I am not totally surprised if that 200m asking price from LFC turns out to be true. I mean, they knew we were desperate, they had maintained the official stance that Coutinho was not for sale at any price all along and in the last 24 hours of the window yesterday as it was inching closer to the deadline, I could see LFC throwing a 200m asking price around hoping to milk as much as they could out of us last minute and if we couldn't afford it goes to support their narrative all along that Coutinho was never meant for sale. To me it is plausible.

jairzinho

Their window was as equally frustrating as ours. They couldn't land their main target which was Van Dijk and had to settle for Keita coming next year. Coutinho leaving would have been a catastrophe for them for more reasons than not being able to find a replacement.

blaugrana1987

So LFC said no way jose, we didnt put up a price. Which makes sense given that :

A) They said Cou is not for sale
B) They said he wont go for any fee
C) He stayed in the end

Our board has been lying through their teeth for years, no reason to trust them.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[tw]903977256418033664[/tw]
As expected. Lying scums. Just like when they said that the deal was close. Imagine all that time spent on a player Livepool never wanted to sell. Now we are left with no midfielder and quite likely another bad season because of a midfield that is just not up for it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans