7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

jairzinho

I don't see any reason for them to Lie about the price. And if they did, It would be worse for them if Lpool came out and denied that. So no. LFC were desperate from day one to keep him, despite everything he did to leave. This other bullshit I've seen is other fans accusing us of unsettling their players. Apart from not having a proper plan for signings, I don't think we did anything wrong here. Coutinho was desperate to come to us. It's difficult to accept that your best player would effectively go on 'strike' to join another team but LFC and their fans have to come to grips with that. Cou did that to come to us. Stop blaming Barca for supposedly tapping up your players when in reality it's the players that are desperate to join us.

Tepid water

If the finances are healthy then why did the board offer so little for Coutinho? The last offer was 90m, paid over 5 years, with unreachable add ons. Was it that the board did not want the player or that the money wasn't there?
Nearly €300m debt... not too bad....

About €500m in rebuilding the stadium = €800m debt.

Now, the stadium rebuild will return an increased revenue, but only 5000 or so extra seats... that's €500m for 5000 seats....

Now let's imagine these are high value seats, €3000 return each a season....

That's only €15000 increase in revenue for a €500m cost.

This will have to be serviced somehow.. the money will surely come from the players fund...

JamDav1982

I don't see any reason for them to Lie about the price. And if they did, It would be worse for them if Lpool came out and denied that. So no. LFC were desperate from day one to keep him, despite everything he did to leave. This other bullshit I've seen is other fans accusing us of unsettling their players. Apart from not having a proper plan for signings, I don't think we did anything wrong here. Coutinho was desperate to come to us. It's difficult to accept that your best player would effectively go on 'strike' to join another team but LFC and their fans have to come to grips with that. Cou did that to come to us. Stop blaming Barca for supposedly tapping up your players when in reality it's the players that are desperate to join us.

Liverpool did the same to VVD anyway and probably Keita.

All clubs tap players up. Fans just don't care unless it is one of their players.

JamDav1982

Nearly €300m debt... not too bad....

About €500m in rebuilding the stadium = €800m debt.

Now, the stadium rebuild will return an increased revenue, but only 5000 or so extra seats... that's €500m for 5000 seats....

Now let's imagine these are high value seats, €3000 return each a season....

That's only €15000 increase in revenue for a €500m cost.

This will have to be serviced somehow.. the money will surely come from the players fund...

It is not about the stadium it is about leaving it too late and focusing too much on Coutinho when just about every possible factor pointed to Liverpool not selling him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Quite hilarious that Liverpool fans are so quick to come out and accuse Barca of lying and dismissing the 200m asking price while being so quick to accept the 80m over 5 years BS reported by Liverpool friendly media. Hypocritical?

Tepid water

The same Liverpool media who were guessing and reporting a whole lot of bids going in and deadlines etc.

But the one that suits will be taken as the truth and the one Liverpool really leaked...

The entire British media.

Who said without fail he wouldn't be sold.

Guess what, Liverpool didn't sell him. Which side do you think is telling the truth?

The side that has a consistent story, or the side that has made things up all the way through.

Hmmmm

Home of Barca Fans