8 - Pedri

Messi983

Pedri: "If we (Spain) win the Euros, I will shave my head."

E5ZP9L2X0Ak8gN2

:rockon:

khaled_a_d

Iniesta was a generational talent.

You say this in 2007, and people would have laughed at you.
That is the tricky part in comparing young players with legends. Sometimes you just underrate current players because of nostalgia, others you make laughable comparisons that looks insulting to the greats of the game.

FinBarcelonafan

You say this in 2007, and people would have laughed at you.
That is the tricky part in comparing young players with legends. Sometimes you just underrate current players because of nostalgia, others you make laughable comparisons that looks insulting to the greats of the game.

True. It's very tough to say if Pedri has "peaked" or he has another gear in him. If he has, he will be world class.

Pedri has insane potential. Sometimes I forget he is fecking 18 years old!

Horatio

You're welcome
What? It's ridiculous to think an 18 year old talented player has already peaked. Sure it is possible, but not likely.

FinBarcelonafan

What? It's ridiculous to think an 18 year old talented player has already peaked. Sure it is possible, but not likely.

Improvement is not linear. Some players peak 18. Some 25. Some 30.

I would bet he becomes better, but in reality you never know.

Midfielders/defenseman tend to develop later i think. So most likely he hasn't peaked.

Joan

True. It's very tough to say if Pedri has "peaked" or he has another gear in him. If he has, he will be world class.

Pedri has insane potential. Sometimes I forget he is fecking 18 years old!

Pedri's a really mature player. In a sense that you don't see him commit many immature mistakes. That doesn't mean there aren't things to improve. He certainly needs to work on his defending, even though can't say he sucks at it. At some points this season he did quite well in that regard. Also hope he becomes firmer in duels, gains some strength. He's also slowish but luckily always seems to be in the right spot. But what I wanted to say is this: if you haven't seen his Las Palmas highlights, please do. Strikes you as a rather different player compared to his recent showings. Plenty of flair, an abundance of creativity. Boy's got wicked vision and probably still isn't comfortable enough showing it. Fully aware the level's not the same, if comparable, but things you see him do there are sharp and intuitive. It's not like he's trying them out and it isn't working. We've only seen glimpses of that. In that sense, I believe he can improve quite a lot and become a truly great player.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Pedri's a really mature player. In a sense that you don't see him commit many immature mistakes. That doesn't mean there aren't things to improve. He certainly needs to work on his defending, even though can't say he sucks at it. At some points this season he did quite well in that regard. Also hope he becomes firmer in duels, gains some strength. He's also slowish but luckily always seems to be in the right spot. But what I wanted to say is this: if you haven't seen his Las Palmas highlights, please do. Strikes you as a rather different player compared to his recent showings. Plenty of flair, an abundance of creativity. Boy's got wicked vision and probably still isn't comfortable enough showing it. Fully aware the level's not the same, if comparable, but things you see him do there are sharp and intuitive. It's not like he's trying them out and it isn't working. We've only seen glimpses of that. In that sense, I believe he can improve quite a lot and become a truly great player.

Watching the video. He is a mix between Iniesta and Xavi. Insane dribbling, insane passing. Who knows.. If he can do that at the top level. Who knows what he will become.

Truly amazing. Blows my mind. It's like watching Fati's videos. The talent is there.

Porque

Improvement is not linear. Some players peak 18. Some 25. Some 30.

I would bet he becomes better, but in reality you never know.

Midfielders/defenseman tend to develop later i think. So most likely he hasn't peaked.

Yeah, I remember people thinking a 19 year old Messi had peaked and couldn't get any better. That he would just be one of these insane linear dribblers and thats it. Basically what Iker Muniain ended up being. Lol.

Home of Barca Fans