8 - Pedri

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, I remember people thinking a 19 year old Messi had peaked and couldn't get any better. That he would just be one of these insane linear dribblers and thats it. Basically what Iker Muniain ended up being. Lol.

A lot of players, especially offensive peaked early. Heck, you could say even Dembele. Rooney should have been a world-beater, but never became that much better.

Messigician

Looks like we've got a real player in Pedri.

Imagine if Barcelona concentrated on our academy and good prospects like Pedri instead of wasting hundreds of millions on the the neo Galacticos project last few years.

How many others have been stifled or lost though in recent years?

Andresito

Staff member
I'm going bold here and claiming that in terms of comparing styles and not level, Denis Suarez is more similar to Iniesta than Pedri.

vegitot

I'm going bold here and claiming that in terms of comparing styles and not level, Denis Suarez is more similar to Iniesta than Pedri.

He was called next Iniesta back then. Pedri at Las Pasmas and first two months here also. Now he is more of midfield controller type rather than dribbler.

vegitot

🗣️ Fabio Capello: ?The first time I saw Messi play live, I said he would be a phenomenon. Well, as a midfielder, Pedri can be the same, one of the best in the world because he has it all.?

Fact.

Bobo32

Would you sell Pedri for 100m if that is the only way to keep Messi?

What should be the most important thing for the club is that Messi gets a good and honourable exit - and that exit is fast approaching.
It would be shameful for the club for 100 years if Messi leaves in a negative way.
Pedri isn't important in that large scheme of things, he is a talented player but I am not sure that he will be worth as much as he is now in 5-10 years, and I am not sure that he will grow to be crucial for the teams success. Messi will of course bring a lot more to the team than Pedri next season and the season after, if both stay.
But as I said, the club will need to learn not to depend on Messi soon enough, if he goes this summer with everyone happy, then so be it.

Home of Barca Fans