8 - Pedri

fergus90

Nope as Khaled said the other day, it’s a European award and Neymar moved to Europe after the age of 20 so was ineligible.

Porque

Pedri plays in just over an hour for Spain Olympic team versus Japan.

16264553378419.jpg

Porque

On the bench.

Unai, ?scar Gil, Mingueza, Pau Torres, Miranda; Zubimendi, Merino, Ceballos, Asensio, Dani Olmo and Rafa Mir

Bobo32

On the bench.

Unai, ?scar Gil, Mingueza, Pau Torres, Miranda; Zubimendi, Merino, Ceballos, Asensio, Dani Olmo and Rafa Mir

A bit of a mix of regular players and nonregulars surely.
The pic you gave was the exact same lineup I drew up in the other thread with just some rotation, do you think it is their best eleven?

Won't be able to watch this game, but should be interesting as it is between two of the favourites of the tournament, a bit strange to play each other just a few days before the tournament begins...

Porque

A bit of a mix of regular players and nonregulars surely.
The pic you gave was the exact same lineup I drew up in the other thread with just some rotation, do you think it is their best eleven?

Won't be able to watch this game, but should be interesting as it is between two of the favourites of the tournament, a bit strange to play each other just a few days before the tournament begins...

Japan started this game with good intensity. Getting away with some fouls too.

I think they could go with that lineup. I think that they could also go with a reference upfront like Mir or Puado and have Olmo take more influence in the buildup from left midfield.

I don't think this is the type of tournament level that we would need to have a false 9.

vegitot

Koeman must play him as offensive midfielder. He can play through ball for fun. Spam these passes easily vs Olympic Japan.
In one of his interview Pedri also said he prefer to play as offenaive midfieldeelr the most as well.

serghei

Koeman must play him as offensive midfielder. He can play through ball for fun. Spam these passes easily vs Olympic Japan.
In one of his interview Pedri also said he prefer to play as offenaive midfieldeelr the most as well.

Can't play as an offensive midfielder without scoring some goals. He's a CM. He can play offensive passes as a CM with no problems. Besides, his defensive coverage is an underrated part of his game. I see more central midfielder material here, as he lacks goal threat which is a sign of great attacking midfielders.

Last edited:

vegitot

Can't play as an offensive midfielder without scoring some goals. He's a CM. He can play offensive passes as a CM with no problems.

His shooting will improve. He knows it himself.

Lucho gives him more offensive role and no surpirse he excels. Look at Euro, he makes most completed passes in final third, most carries into final third, second most chance created from open play, most through ball...

Home of Barca Fans