8 - Pedri

Gari

Pedri, Nico, Dest, Eric, Piqu?, Sergi Roberto and Neto will be ready for Xavi's premiere against Espanyol. On the other hand, Demb?l? and Fati are ruled out for that game. [as]

Bobo32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0jxHgozu4w
Clip from todays training. Pedri is singled out(?) to do a small change of direction after every pass in the rondo. Probably as part of rehab/prehab, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is a technical/stylistic development instruction coming from Xavi. He needs much more sharpness in his movement, and I'd probably do exactly this in order to improve his general play!

Messi983

[ @fansjavimiguel] | Pedri is ruled out for the game against Espaynol, and almost against Benfica too. He is doing group sessions now, but still has a long way to go. #FCBlive

mc_lovin

They both cannot dominate games. Not at this stage. They dont provide attacking threats. Team needs an iniesta, they are both like xavis.

Personally I don't see much similarities to Xavi (apart from the names):
- Gavi seems to have a fantastic acceleration (like Iniesta), but looks more similar to a CM version of Isco
- Pedri looks frighteningly like Iniesta in some of his moves, but has a lot of Busquets in him as well - at least that's my feeling (body type, the way he steals balls..)

I don't see a controller in either of them, both scream AM/CM hybrid to me, but they are still too young to make any definite calls.

Home of Barca Fans