8 - Pedri

Bobo32

Muscle tears are almost non existent in well run teams. With the right periodization you can get rid of them almost completely.
Anyway, Pedri didn't look as fatigued to the eye lately as he did one year ago, but he played about as uninspired as ever in some of the games. Today he attempted only 18 passes in 45 minutes (succeeding with 13 of them). He jogged around in the space he was requested to I guess but he failed to request the ball intensely enough and he failed to do anything with it the few times he received it. He was a non factor and he didn't look to be very concerned about it.

Let us see if he as if by a miracle can return and play the next game anyways like he did one year ago, or if he gets to do the necessary rehab.

Birdy

WTF.
Season over from an injury when he didn't seem to have a problem.

The medical department is still NOT GOOD ENOUGH...

gregorrin10

Pedri could be out for 6-8 weeks. [@fansjavimiguel]

Don't care, season is pretty much over anyway. Pedri finally getting some proper long term rest could actually be good, so he (and hopefully Fati) are 100% fit and ready for next season. Fati also shouldn't be risked in more than half of these remaining Liga games, and even out of those I'd start him maybe just once, otherwise just ease him in from the bench. We forget these are still 19-year boys, who still have a lot of development, not just talent, but body wise, ahead of them, and are still getting used to playing 50-60 matches on this level (plus all the international call ups), season upon season.

And maybe it would also give Xavi the incentive to give one (last) proper run in the team to Puig, just to see if he can prove himself, and thus deciding whether to keep him (short term renewal in the next 2 months and then loan for next season, then we reassess in the summer of 2023), or sell this summer? Same goes for Nico, only in his case just a case of deciding whether to keep him in the team or loan him out too (without the possibility of selling).

Catta

The Puig boys are disgusting, shitting on Pedri every chance they get, and celebrating because he got injured.

Counting his passes and criticizing him for not requesting the ball enough, pathetic. Should he also drop deep and ask for every ball, do the job the corpse should be doing. If he had someone other than the walking corpse play false DM, then both he and Gavi would have played a better game.

The biggest problem from this game was the non existing DM in midfield. There was no body to take the ball out from defence to the attacking players.

Bobo32

The Puig boys are disgusting, shitting on Pedri every chance they get, and celebrating because he got injured.

Counting his passes and criticizing him for not requesting the ball enough, pathetic. Should he also drop deep and ask for every ball, do the job the corpse should be doing. If he had someone other than the walking corpse play false DM, then both he and Gavi would have played a better game.

The biggest problem from this game was the non existing DM in midfield. There was no body to take the ball out from defence to the attacking players.

I am certainly not celebrating his injury, I thought he should've been rested A LOT more last season, and a bit more this season too, and then he would probably avoid these muscle tears, as well as some of his more uninspired performances. I have praised him very much for a couple of his games in the last months and I enjoy seeing him play when he is successful. But even more than someone like Busquets, he needs to have his surroundings pretty much perfect in order to succeed it seems, he has had so many games where he is almost completely silent, while also failing a lot with the little he is able to attempt. Like today, in this very important game.

And my posts are not pathetic, my posts are level-headed and analytical, while most of those attacking me for being a troll etc are indeed pathetic - filled with uncontrolled emotions, and only able to blame their usual suspects, not able to make coherent arguments that do not stem from their hurt feelings. I wonder what you all will do in a few years when Busquets, Alba and some others are not there anymore for you to blame.

FinBarcelonafan

If you look at the game, Pedri was really trying to push his top speed/acceleration but it wasn't enough(looked almost like Abde running lol). Not surprised he pulled something trying too hard.

Same issue as Garcia. Physically not on top level yet or maybe never will be. Needs to add more strength and power to his game.

I know he gained some muscle already, but same story as a lot of Barca players. They lack strength, speed, quickness etc. Intensity of Barcas game is too slow for EL or especially vs German teams.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Take his time to fully heal and recover, don't rush back at all. Come back stronger next season.

Not much left to fight for this season anyways. We should be able to keep the top 4 spot.

Iniesta Ultra

One bad attempt at goal, one cross to a row of Frankfurt players, and one good long pass to Dembele, that's about it:

Stunning people here rated him best midfielder in the world after first leg.

Home of Barca Fans