8 - Pedri

serghei

Well if you are consistent then yes you would claim that but of course wont.

'Xavi rules'

So it happens that Pedri, Araujo, Christensen, Dembele etc. are known feeble players. Now, if Raphinha, De Jong, other known fit players get injured frequently, I'll point to Xavi and his staff.

Simple logic, even you can get it.

JamDav1982

Options... put FDJ back into midfield or play Gavi deeper and use Fati or Ferran as that second forward.

Could depend on Cancelo being avilable.

JamDav1982

So it happens that Pedri, Araujo, Christensen, Dembele etc. are known feeble players. Now, if Raphinha, De Jong, other known fit players get injured frequently, I'll point to Xavi and his staff.

Simple logic, even you can get it.

Yes and same rules as under other coaches you blamed.

Not Xavi though.

Simple logic.

serghei

Well, he is important. I already said many times our only top class player in his prime is De Jong. So, Pedri, while not as great as some believe, is still important.

Same argument as Dembele. Do better.

JamDav1982

Well, he is important. I already said many times our only top class player in his prime is De Jong. So, Pedri, while not as great as some believe, is still important.

Yes you also say he is over rated and doesnt perform in CL...

Now he is injured.. 'Barca going out in groups'.

Textbook.

'No as great as some believe but important enough that Barca going out in Groups without him'

Top stuff.

Anyway... it doesnt say he will miss CL groups.

serghei

Top stuff.

Anyway... it doesnt say he will miss CL groups.

Yet. It doesn't say yet. Come on... it's Pedri. Something tells me his body has a speed of recovery that is at best half the one of a top athlete. If a player is normally back from an injury like that in 6 weeks, he'll be back in 12. :lol:

serghei

It's our fault though. There's a reason why kids don't play full seasons at 17-18 years of age and only get minutes here and there. Especially ones look like like IT college students such as Pedri. :lol:

We get overboard with playing that 16 year old Lamal, I can see him getting injured soon. Kids are not grown men in terms of physical capabilities. Let them develop in peace until they are ready mentally and physically to join the 1st team, stop treating every new talent like the 2nd coming of Iniesta, Messi, or I don't know what superstar from the past.

Gnidrologist

Was he even injured during Cadiz match? How do they come up with these injuries out of blue all the time? Are they working as spare time stuntmen, while not kicking ball?

Cool

That’s why Xavi is asking for another midfielder and also the reason why we got Gundo because while Pedri is a very very good player but he’s a coin toss away from an injury.

Porque

If Xavi continues with the box, the 11 is still quality. Gavi has to step up though.

--Gavi---Gundy--
---Romeu-FdJ--

More than enough quality to get through this Pedri injured, provided it is just a knock as initially diagnosed.

The issue more than anything is that Charvy will [probably] demand another signing like Lo Celso, rather than read the room and see that the forward line has tons of depth and had a good pre-season, and it may be time to revert back to a midfield trio.

Home of Barca Fans