8 - Pedri

Porque

I don't trust these pace values at all, they always looked very shady to me.
But it might be true in this case, and Gavi gets A LOT of love that is a bit unwarranted, because of his style and young age I reckon. His facial expression! I thought he played well-ish yesterday, but he only made 24 passes in his 60mins, he needs to be a lot more involved!

If the pace things are correct, it might suggest that the team are still not at their physical peaks yet. Busi, Gavi and Araujo all 2-3kmh off of last years times.

Which would be a great sign for future trajectory, or that we are not training as hard under Charvey the rabbit.

God bless the Cowman, I guess? :lol:

ajnotkeith

If the pace things are correct, it might suggest that the team are still not at their physical peaks yet. Busi, Gavi and Araujo all 2-3kmh off of last years times.

Which would be a great sign for future trajectory, or that we are not training as hard under Charvey the rabbit.

God bless the Cowman, I guess? :lol:

I imagine most of the team haven't had an opportunity to get into a proper top speed sprint yet.

A lot of the running has been short distance sprints.

Windhook

Stats are not defining the game of football. They are helpful for tactics, but solely based on that Lewa should have scored 1.5 goals last night, he didn't. This is not Moneyball movie and players are human.

Probably Messi is the player with the least covered ground in the history of the sport, but regardless of that stat he's one of the GOATs.

Gavi is this Duracell rabbit right now, has the task to fight for every ball in midfield, but Pedri has a different role, that of the playmaker.

PhilS

The Barca teenage midfielders do a lot of things awfully well. But Bayern has quite a few midfielders who are much better at putting the ball in the net. Barca can't cover Davies or Sane. Bayern's bench is better, they did without Coman pretty damn well.

The Barca defense might improve as all the new guys get used to playing together. Barca has had only one hot goal scorer so far this season, need more threats. I thought Nauer psyched out Barca pretty badly.

vuji_31

Pedri was great yesterday. If he scored goal or two people would be saying he is the best midfielder in the world.

Kul_z

Pedri was great yesterday. If he scored goal or two people would be saying he is the best midfielder in the world.

They are already saying that he is world class, not barca fans only. His output would become more devastating when we get rid off ancient one, gavi fullfills his potential, and defense starts to get clear shape.

Pepe Silvia

Once his gas tank is low he drops off hard... his running looks extra labored as well drawing even more attention to it as others mentioned. He is one of our most brave players in advancing the ball still.

Porque

Xavi is going to play him hard because he is our only guaranteed creative midfielder, thus wanting Bernardo.

The solution maaaaybe, is to start giving Pablo Torre more minutes in place of Pedri in the smaller games and early concluded games.

But I'm not watching training so I don't know what his overall level is looking like. But he seems the closest thing to Pedri in terms of an offensive midfielder in the squad.

Temptation

If Pedri and De Jong drop the exact same performance, people say "De Jong was average tonight" while saying "Pedri was amazing".

Average game today.

There were so many opportunities to play the ball through the lines to the forwards but he chose the easier ball to the wingers out wide to preserve his passing accuracy.

De Jong much braver with his passing between the lines.

FinBarcelonafan

If Pedri and De Jong drop the exact same performance, people say "De Jong was average tonight" while saying "Pedri was amazing".

Average game today.

There were so many opportunities to play the ball through the lines to the forwards but he chose the easier ball to the wingers out wide to preserve his passing accuracy.

De Jong much braver with his passing between the lines.

That's BS.

Pedri was too good for the position he was playing.

serghei

He plays it safe too often imo, and has moments where he can play a decisive pass and he ignores (or doesn't see) the runs of the attackers.

Despite those moments though, he had a good game.

khaled_a_d

The whole he "play it safe at moments" could have been said about Xavi & Iniesta, who skipped many chances to make such passes because they felt it won't arrive.

If he tries it every time, he will end up like a midfield Depay

serghei

The whole he "play it safe at moments" could have been said about Xavi & Iniesta, who skipped many chances to make such passes because they felt it won't arrive.

If he tries it every time, he will end up like a midfield Depay

No comparison imo.

I said he plays it safe too often, not at moments.

Home of Barca Fans