9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-John-Terry-poses-Hamleys-black-baby.html

article-0-0F3F7EBF00000578-492_634x422.jpg

"Lawyer Alejandro Balbi holds a picture of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez posing with a black child - and confirmed Suarez will appeal his ban after being charged with racially abusing a fellow player"

A picture of him holding a black child, you say? Well that changes everything! I don't think the FA will be able to deal with that kind of genius defence

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-John-Terry-poses-Hamleys-black-baby.html

article-0-0F3F7EBF00000578-492_634x422.jpg

"Lawyer Alejandro Balbi holds a picture of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez posing with a black child - and confirmed Suarez will appeal his ban after being charged with racially abusing a fellow player"

A picture of him holding a black child, you say? Well that changes everything! I don't think the FA will be able to deal with that kind of genius defence

I'm really surprised they haven't played the "he has black ancestry" card yet. They have made all the other wrong arguments already.

XaviMessiGirl

I'm really surprised they haven't played the "he has black ancestry" card yet. They have made all the other wrong arguments already.

Oh we have, don't worry. :D "Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black."

Anyway, haven't commented much on this here yet. Honestly I'm all for supporting him but the statement could have been written so much better. It feels like an angry teenage fan wrote it rather than a professional journalist.

And to some of you guys - and the media - who are branding him a racist, there is a world of difference between a racist, and a person who says a racist thing during the heat of the moment to wind someone up. I highly highly doubt Suarez has actual racist views. If Busquets had been convicted for the "mono" incident I don't think anyone here except HBA would brand him a racist, it's pretty much the same thing.

All I know is if 8 games is going to become the norm for a racial slur, when this Terry thing is over he better have the same ban or worse. Because he doesn't even have the cultural ignorance card to play. If Terry's let off with a lighter punishment then the FA would have basically lost all credibility it's been starting to get for fighting racism.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
And to some of you guys - and the media - who are branding him a racist, there is a world of difference between a racist, and a person who says a racist thing during the heat of the moment to wind someone up. I highly highly doubt Suarez has actual racist views. If Busquets had been convicted for the "mono" incident I don't think anyone here except HBA would brand him a racist, it's pretty much the same thing.

All I know is if 8 games is going to become the norm for a racial slur, when this Terry thing is over he better have the same ban or worse. Because he doesn't even have the cultural ignorance card to play. If Terry's let off with a lighter punishment then the FA would have basically lost all credibility it's been starting to get for fighting racism.

That first part pretty much sums it up for me.

I expect Terry to get a much worse punishment by the FA, I'd say at least 10 games, probably more...

Suarez is a 'troll' kind of cunt, but Terry is a certified scumbag...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Finally got around to rewatching segments of the match and I'm no closer to believing Evra...If anything, I'm more inclined to think this has been a rouse from Patrice

Suarez, as he does, looks like he did a good job of getting under Evra's skin, no pun intended - throughout the match...The kick to his knee that occurred before the corner fiasco showed that the player milked a foul that was made to look far worse than it was...It begged of petulance from Evra, you could see it in his eyes that he was pissed at Suarez but at no time did he give the impression that he had been racially abused...I always think of players who react to situations when they happen in football that is extraordinary - Eto'O at Zaragosa or Zidane at the WC...Something like that, IMHO, Patrice would've reacted strongly right then...It looked largely innocuous

On top of which, apparently Evra conceded that he did not believe Luis to be racist as well as initially hurling his own insult in Spanish to Suarez...Has all the signs of a petulant kid trying to wind up an opponent...And while it's easy to say it could be both doing that, I only saw one player visibly show that they were trying to wind the other up....And no one heard this alleged racist comment, I thought the LFP was bad enough but the FA is comical...Will be interesting to see what happens to a white player like Terry where the altercation had more the look of someone hurling a racial insult and said player reacting to it

Jenks

A rouse? Suarez admitted to calling him negrito after Evra allegedly made a racial slur. All you need to do then, is watch the tape and decide whether you think negrito was used as a term of endearment, or more logically, another racial slur to answer Evra's. Liverpool have done a really good job of distracting everyone from this utterly obvious conclusion.

Jenks

Yes. He did. Suarez though claims that he was using the word endearingly, rather than as a slur. Admittedly the word is more commonly used in that way, but given the context, it's seems hard to believe that Suarez is telling the truth. He clearly said it in and aggressive manner, and by his own admission in reply to what he considered a racist slur against him. Anything is possible I suppose, but it's difficult to believe that he answered a racist slur with a term of endearment, it seems a hell of a lot more likely that he just answered one racist slur with another, especially given that he word he admitted to using can be used both ways.

Hatem Ben Arfa

hahahaha,

Suarez claims Evra used a racist slur against him first :lol:

There is no question of Suarez making up a lie to try and get himself out of trouble, or look less like the bad guy here, is there?

He's super cnut, and I wouldn't put lying about Evra using a racist slur first past him.

Like Evra has even heard the term Sudaca before :lol:

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
hahahaha,

There is no question of Suarez making up a lie to try and get himself out of trouble, or look less like the bad guy here, is there?

He's super cnut, and I wouldn't put lying about Evra using a racist slur first past him.

go jack it to black people

Ambrosia

hahahaha,

Evra is fluent in Spanish.

Suarez has no history of lying, Evra on the other hand was found by the FA in a previous incident to be unreliable and prone to exaggeration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...9/FA-Battle-of-the-Bridge-report-in-full.html

Furthermore, in this current case he has also shown his proneness for exaggerration. Apparently Suarez called him a racist term "ten times" and that all the cameras could see him say that. No camera's so far have caught that, nor did any player witness the racial slurs Suarez supposedly directed at him.

I would say there are plenty of questions about Suarez stooping to make up a lie about Evra. It also does help that Evra actually admitted to saying that particular word.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
HBA... stop it already man. It's really irritating. Why the fuck do you keep on blabbering the same shit about racism on a fucking football forum anyway!? Just earn some credibility, show us you really do some thing against it and then come up with this, please

Just a suggestion

Jenks

hahahaha,

Actually, it's the Evra allegation that makes him look all the more guilty, and makes his use of the word look all the more suspect. If he had just admitted to using the word, with adding the context, he may well have gotten away with it.

Ambrosia

More info from the Uruguay press

http://www.ultimasnoticias.com.uy/Edicion-UN/articulos/prints-2011dic24/dep03.html

* Evra apparently repeated his "10 times" allegation.
* Suarez apparently admitted a single instance, but also said that the word has no negative connotations whatsoever in his language
* Apparently 4 ManU witnesses were heard (De Gea, Anderson, Nani, Chicharito). All said they heard nothing of what was said.
* Apparently 3 linguistic experts heard (one English, 2 Argentinian). These experts were shown video of the incident, but none of them could clarify what was said by lip-reading.

XaviMessiGirl

Evra was the one who said he insulted Suarez, Suarez said he wasn't aware of any insult. Suarez never accused Evra of insulting him first.

This is going off the official club statement, NOT what the papers are saying. Wish the FA would release the entire transcript of what happened so we can stop speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans