9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrosia

Yeah.

Missed opportunity for Suarez. He should have said "i kicked you cos you're French" to Evra. He'd have got a pat on the head from the FA and newspapers :D

Hatem Ben Arfa

I

It matters when Evra explains away one of his many inconsistencies in his testimony (i.e. why did he tell the ref Suarez was calling him black but later claim Suarez called him a nigger) by saying "he doesn't feel comfortable using the word nigger".

That video proves Evra is a liar. If he lied about disliking that word, what else has he lied about?

That video is 8 or 9 years old, Evra is a 21 year old boy.

Do you not think that perhaps in those years he has matured somewhat and realized that perhaps he doesn't like to use that word anymore considering what it represents for black people that suffered that derogtory dehumanizing insult over the years in history?

There are a number of famous black people that have said they no longer like to use the word anymore when they used to use it in the past because they have done some growing up and realize what it meant to people on the recieving end of it in the very bad old days.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

Do you not think that perhaps in those years he has matured somewhat and realized that perhaps he doesn't like to use that word anymore considering what it represents for black people that suffered that derogtory dehumanizing insult over the years in history?

There are a number of famous black people that have said they no longer like to use the word anymore when they used to use it in the past because they have done some growing up and realize what it meant to people on the recieving end of it in the very bad old days.

human beings capable of growth and change? fuck outta here!

Ambrosia

Are we talking about the same Evra that led a player revolt during the World cup?

Matured? not when you're called Patrick Evra.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
also holy shit, HBA just make a sensible and balanced post!

wow.

He's perfectly capable of it when it fits his argument.

Are we talking about the same Evra that led a player revolt during the World cup?

Nah, man has got to be a saint, he plays for Man Utd.

Seriously though, I sadly have to agree with HBA (though you motherfuckers need to stop quoting him so I can pretend he doesn't exist) that him being a cunt as a 21 year old doesn't mean much (although there's a lot of reasons to believe he still is one), and while Evra being a cunt doesn't give anyone the right to go after him on race related reasons, I'm still wondering why the FA isn't even investigating the accusation of Evra using a very offensive word against Suarez.

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison

You mean just as Zidane and Thuram did in the previous World Cup?

So what is the official Liverpool stance on them? Are they good for nothing nigger/berber as well, who are also presumably deserving of what ever racist abuse Liverpool players want to dish out.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Seriously though, I sadly have to agree with HBA (though you motherfuckers need to stop quoting him so I can pretend he doesn't exist) that him being a cunt as a 21 year old doesn't mean much (although there's a lot of reasons to believe he still is one), and while Evra being a cunt doesn't give anyone the right to go after him on race related reasons, I'm still wondering why the FA isn't even investigating the accusation of Evra using a very offensive word against Suarez.

because he didn't.

he called him sudamericano, not sudaca.

the whole "sudaca" claim was from one of Liverpool's leaks. in the official report it's only mentioned to clarify that sudamericano isn't an insult.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You mean just as Zidane and Thuram did in the previous World Cup?

So what is the official Liverpool stance on them? Are they good for nothing nigger/berber as well, who are also presumably deserving of what ever racist abuse Liverpool players want to dish out.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
because he didn't.

he called him sudamericano, not sudaca.

the whole "sudaca" claim was from one of Liverpool's leaks. in the official report it's only mentioned to clarify that sudamericano isn't an insult.
yeah sure, you american.
yeah sure, you yankee.

(even though he said sudamericana, it's meant as the same thing.)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
it's not a debate, tbh.

it's an event that 90% of people decided to take seriously and 10% decided to use as an excuse to act like jibbering retards.

and you don't debate with jibbering retards.

tbh there's plenty of people who agree with Suarez's suspension who are acting like jibbering retards.

Manuel Traquete said it best, this has trivialized the issue more than anything else. There was an opportunity to take a stand and everyone involved managed to turn it into a sideshow. This will do nothing to take racism out of football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans