9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfly

Banned
It'd be the same case with Suarez as it has been for Alexis. Don't forget that Alexis had the same freedom to dribble and do what he wants at Udinese that Suarez has at Liverpool now. Alexis isn't allowed to do all of that now and neither would Suarez.

K

Karnivore

Um no not Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd aside. He is better than Villa, Alexis and Pedro. Better than Higuain, Benzema and Di Maria. He is also better than any forward Man U have bar RVP.

Bollocks. He's not better than Benzema, last season he was excellent, and makes far bigger all round contributions to the side than Suarez does (last season Benzema got 32 goals and 17 assists, Suarez had 17 and 8). same goes for di Maria who is a proper winger, Suarez isn't going to replace him out wide. :lol:

He certainly isn't better than Rooney or van Persie either. van Persie's one of the top three centre-forwards in Europe alongside Cavani and Falcao, and despite Rooney's indifferent form this season, he has a far higher ceiling than Suarez does.

At Barcelona he'd only get in the side if he were prepared to play out wide, not really doing anyone any favours is it? No one's going to bend over backwards to sign him, likes of Neymar and Bale will be far higher on the agenda.

PearLBLacK

Banned
You also have to consider the players around him. Benzema was assisting Ronaldo and Higuain among others, who was there for Suarez? Carroll?

B

beautifulgame

It'd be the same case with Suarez as it has been for Alexis. Don't forget that Alexis had the same freedom to dribble and do what he wants at Udinese that Suarez has at Liverpool now. Alexis isn't allowed to do all of that now and neither would Suarez.

Alexis never scored goals before anyway.

Also, perhaps it can be different with Suaraz. He is as mentally as tough as a forward comes. Meaning perhaps his game wouldn't be inhibited as much as all the other forwards that have to play at Barca.

However, your point is one of concern for me too. Too many brilliant forwards have been shipped out of here (even when performing) or had difficulty just getting enough room in the system to perform.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Bollocks. He's not better than Benzema, last season he was excellent, and makes far bigger all round contributions to the side than Suarez does (last season Benzema got 32 goals and 17 assists, Suarez had 17 and 8). same goes for di Maria who is a proper winger, Suarez isn't going to replace him out wide. :lol:

He certainly isn't better than Rooney or van Persie either. van Persie's one of the top three centre-forwards in Europe alongside Cavani and Falcao, and despite Rooney's indifferent form this season, he has a far higher ceiling than Suarez does.

At Barcelona he'd only get in the side if he were prepared to play out wide, not really doing anyone any favours is it? No one's going to bend over backwards to sign him, likes of Neymar and Bale will be far higher on the agenda.

Benzema and Rooney better than Suarez :lol: I've heard it all now :D

abual3bed1

Benzema and Rooney WERE better than Suarez last season on scoring goals level only. But speaking about talent, Suarez is miles ahead of both of them.

But this season he's on fire, he has 25 goals which makes him got a tally of Benzema and Rooney combined or even more (?). His dribbling is awesome, what more do you need of the man??

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Suarez is good but he's gotta stop being a twat every 2nd match. I mean, I'm always one for the controversial player, some of the guys I like most are trouble makers, but Suarez is the muppet of muppets. He could play for any team in the world and I'd feel the same about him.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
So.. What you are saying is all things considered, he is a better footballer?!

:-/

Villa, Benzema and Di Maria are all better footballers. While Suarez can put in higher work rate, the three are better technically and better goal scorers. Suarez is a better footballer than Higuain, Alexis and Pedro.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If you think Benzema and Di Maria are better footballers than Suarez then you are quite simply deluded.

Villa was a better player up until last season/this season. Not any more though.

psychotsek

If you think Benzema and Di Maria are better footballers than Suarez then you are quite simply deluded.

Villa was a better player up until last season/this season. Not any more though.

As much as i like Suarez and want him to Barca i think you are wrong. Benzema and Di Maria are on another level right now.You could say that only when he prooves he can play consistently for a team that competes in CL,championship and cup.

Suarez is awesome players, its just his douchebaggery that lets him down, defenders most certainly would be more catious of facing him than Di Maria who is a bit of a one trick pony, a very effective one might I add. Benzema has been pretty pants this season though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans