9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Any news on his punishment?

If I were to guess, I'd say it's gonna be an 8 match ban (give or take) like that Evra incident.

The Evra incident was very unique though, I'm not sure what sort of precedent is in place for this type of incident. The FA have some odd rules, for instance they didn't punish Aguero because of a precedent set earlier in the season.

loozy

The Evra incident was very unique though, I'm not sure what sort of precedent is in place for this type of incident. The FA have some odd rules, for instance they didn't punish Aguero because of a precedent set earlier in the season.

Defoe wasn't punished either after biting Masche because he was given a yellow during the match for the action.

Knowing the FA, though, it'll be more than the 7 match-ban he got in the Netherlands.

Defoe wasn't punished either after biting Masche because he was given a yellow during the match for the action.

Knowing the FA, though, it'll be more than the 7 match-ban he got in the Netherlands.

So if you get punished during the match you don't get punished after it?

Suarez deserves to be punished, but those are some fucked up rules.

Kerrybai

So if you get punished during the match you don't get punished after it?

Suarez deserves to be punished, but those are some fucked up rules.

Nope, because the FA cannot intervene as the ref has already spoken the verdict and as the ref is the rep of the FA they cannot question his authority, so to say.

You don't even have to be punished. Aguero wasn't booked for the Luiz incident, however the officials said they saw it. If today's ref claimed he saw the Suarez incident then there would be no ban... pretty awful rules imo.

loozy

You don't even have to be punished. Aguero wasn't booked for the Luiz incident, however the officials said they saw it. If today's ref claimed he saw the Suarez incident then there would be no ban... pretty awful rules imo.

He did not see but he was made aware of it by Ivanovic who pointed to his arm to show the bitemarks that Suarez left. If he mentions it in his match report does that count as the ref being aware/seeing it?

edit:

roflbot.jpg

Kerrybai

^AFAIK the ref would have to see the incident happen so that he could then make a ruling such as booking Suarez or just giving him a stern talking to etc. It appears he did talk to Suarez but he obviously didn't see the incident as he certainly would have booked him. I imagine that he will note the bite marks in his report but also say that he missed the incident.

Come to think of it if the officials saw the Aguero incident why on earth did they not book him :lol:

loozy

^AFAIK the ref would have to see the incident happen so that he could then make a ruling such as booking Suarez or just giving him a stern talking to etc. It appears he did talk to Suarez but he obviously didn't see the incident as he certainly would have booked him. I imagine that he will note the bite marks in his report but also say that he missed the incident.

Come to think of it if the officials saw the Aguero incident why on earth did they not book him :lol:

I thought so, too, but wasn't sure.

As for your question, Superfly answered it: aguero's argentine, handsome, and friends with messi!!!!!!!!! and he also plays for City :p

ceefoo

It's like in the McManaman incident. If a referee is on the blind side of a tackle and does not see the full extent of the challenge then he can only give what he sees. He or his assistant MUST write in their match report that they saw the two parties "coming together", resulting in a get-out for the guilty player, regardless of whether the player was dealt with at the time. And even if the victims tibia happens to be split in two and bent at right-angles.

All part of the FA's genius policy of not re-refereeing the game. Because THAT would be unfair. :sarcasm:

Faceless

No more faces at night
I agree Aguero should have a ban. But Suarez is definitely wrong. He's a very talented player but he should really stop all of this nonsense.

The biting aside, I just can't understand people who have a burning desire to have him at Barca.

It's because he's one of the best players in the world and could be the perfect replacement for Villa if he leaves.
He really needs to be more disciplined though. If he played for us, his lack of discipline would be a huge problem.

Then again, I'd love to see him vs Pepe. I can see Suarez being a perfect anti-Pepe :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans