9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
he deserves the 10 games it had to be at least 8 as its a repeat offence you cant give someone a lighter punishment for committing the same offence again!

repeat offense from a different league? i don't thinknational football associations work like that, or they shouldn't atleast.

also why doesn't this 'repeat offense' rule apply for sidwell too?

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
repeat offense from a different league? i don't thinknational football associations work like that, or they shouldn't atleast.

The fact that others got punishment that was too light for the offense doesn't mean this isn't a justified ban. Get your Suarez glasses off! Fully justified banning him for 10 matches, this shit should NEVER take place on a fucking football pitch. Disgrace for football.

K

kingleo

Because its a more serious offence! yes bad tackles can lead to bad injuries but that is always going to be part of football you cant stop that from happening! and when people make bad tackles its not always deliberate whereas Suarez was completely deliberate and what he done is something which you would never expect to see someone do on a football pitch!

You cant compare bad tackles to some weirdo trying to bite someone!

Jenks

Sidwell mistimed a tackle. Suarez basically assaulted someone. They're really not comparable situations.

BADGERBHOY

Sidwell mistimed a tackle. Suarez basically assaulted someone. They're really not comparable situations.

Mistimed a tackle? Please tell me you're joking.
That was a terrible tackle, over the ball, late, with studs showing and could have quite easily snapped Artetas leg like a twig.
Something like that is far worse than what Suarez did.

K

kingleo

That was a terrible tackle, over the ball, late, with studs showing and could have quite easily snapped Artetas leg like a twig.

Sidwell's tackle could have caused far worse injury than Suarez bite but what Suarez done on a football pitch is far worse than what Sidwell done! you see hundreds of bad tackles every season as these things unfortunately happen in football but how often do you see someone grab a fellow professionals arm and sink his teeth in to it?

not very often, and now take into consideration that this is the second time Suarez has done this and its easy to see why he has a 10 game ban ahead of him.

Kerrybai

You can not compare bad tackles with biting. Tackles are a part of football, biting is not. A 7-10 game ban is right.

BADGERBHOY

You can not compare bad tackles with biting. Tackles are a part of football, biting is not. A 7-10 game ban is right.

Tackles like that are outlawed and for good reason. Very very harsh punishment that I would expect to be cut on appeal.
The lack of consistency must be infuriating for any Liverpool fan as well.

Biting seen by ref = yellow card
Biting not seen by ref = 10 game ban

Absolutely scandalous and seems to be overly harsh because of who it is.

ceefoo

Brendan Rodgers: "Severity of Luis Suarez's ban has left Liverpool bitterly disappointed".

Playing the victimization card. Absolutely pathetic.:shakeshead:

What would Bill Shankly say if he were alive today.

D

Don_Andrés

This is what an England Rugby International got last year.

James Graham banned for 12 games for biting Billy Slater

England international James Graham has been suspended for 12 matches for biting Melbourne's Billy Slater during Sunday's NRL Grand Final. The Canterbury Bulldogs prop and former St Helens star was banned following a three-hour hearing. The ban includes England's two upcoming Tests against Wales and France, plus two trial games for Canterbury.

BBC Sport

It's the 2nd time Suarez has done this, so obviously he's not learned from the 1st time. Add this to his ban for racist abuse, he's getting quite a rap sheet.

Of course sanctions should take into account who that person is. Suarez did it twice, its only fair that should be taken into account, even if it was not in the EPL. How many games has he been banned for in his footballing career ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans