9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
you guys are letting ur hate for suarez affect your judgement. and my lvoe for suarez affects mine too. but there is no way 10 game ban is fair when another player gets just a yellow for the same incident. as brendan said ' this is punichment to the man not the incident.

Kerrybai

Tackles like that are outlawed and for good reason. Very very harsh punishment that I would expect to be cut on appeal.
The lack of consistency must be infuriating for any Liverpool fan as well.

Biting seen by ref = yellow card
Biting not seen by ref = 10 game ban

Absolutely scandalous and seems to be overly harsh because of who it is.

Those are the rules, if the ref sees it then the FA do not take action as they would undermine their ref's. I don't like the ban because he received less for Racism which is a bad message but if don't take that into account then I think it's a fair ban.

as carragher said, i'd rather be bitten then injured for 6 months.

I bet he would change his mind after contracting a disease from the bit.

Stade Francais halfback Jerome Fillol was banned for 14 weeks overnight for spitting in the face of Bath counterpart Peter Stringer.

In other sports these disgusting acts are not tolerated in the slightest.

ammarfcb

ze special one
the decision to appeal is now with suarez. hope he takes it some one needs to get a reason other than 'its suarez' for this 10 match madness

Stric

Saying it's unjust because someone else only got a yellow card for the same thing is reverse logic. It's not the ban that's unfair, it's the card. The problem was that the first guy got the card, not that Suarez got the ban.

Saying it's unjust because someone else only got a yellow card for the same thing is reverse logic. It's not the ban that's unfair, it's the card. The problem was that the first guy got the card, not that Suarez got the ban.

Agree. I'm not a Suarez hater (in fact, I kinda like the idea of him at Barca), but just because someone else deserved a ban and didn't get it doesn't mean Suarez doesn't deserve one.

ammarfcb

ze special one
so what's the justification behind a 10 game ban?
haidara had a month out for that horror tackle at wigan, ivanovic was playing today just 4 days later. why no 10 match ban for Mcmanaman?

can't think of any answer other than its suarez. everyone here is just mentioning some sort of 'repeat offence' then running away when you ask them when.

Kerrybai

so what's the justification behind a 10 game ban?
haidara had a month out for that horror tackle at wigan, ivanovic was playing today just 4 days later. why no 10 match ban for Mcmanaman?

can't think of any answer other than its suarez. everyone here is just mentioning some sort of 'repeat offence' then running away when you ask them when.

He bit another person. Ivanovic could have pressed charges. He also could have contracted a disease from Suarez. Human bites have been shown to transmit hepatitis B, hepatitis C, herpes simplex virus (HSV), syphilis, tuberculosis, actinomycosis, and tetanus. Evidence suggests that it is biologically possible to transmit the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) through human bites, although this is quite unlikely.

Galning

I know you're a Liverpool fan and all.. but are you seriously asking why he got banned for 10 games? As Kerrybai said: he bit someone. I mean really? :lol:
There must be something really weird with Suarez too btw.. I can understand that you sometimes wanna punch someone out of anger or kick away a ball or something, but what on earth is going on in your brain when all of a sudden, during a football game, you grab someone's arm and just bite it. Ivanovic didn't really do anything either.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I agree with Galning on this one. It's pretty hilarious that the first thought that comes to his head was to bite the guy? I doubt he would have or even could have seriously harmed Ivanovic in any way but it's still a stupid thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans