9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Let's be brutally honest. Suárez would fit in the team like a glove player wise. Regardless of his character or antics. He would give the team a new dimension. Very direct and physically strong player. I can't imagine that he is happy to waste his time at the sinking ship that is Liverpool. The guy deserves to play for a much better team and in the CL regularly.

I think that his character could change at FCB. He would also feel at home in Spain. Pep's brother is also his agent and from what I recall he has family close to Barcelona and he has stated on numerous occasions that he likes Catalonia a lot.

If the club really wants to buy another attacker, apart from Neymar, then Suárez would not be a bad pick. Falcao is going to Chelsea, Cavani is too expensive and I can't see Lewandowski move to any other clubs than Bayern or Man Utd.

Most importantly Suárez will be HUNGRY for titles and he is still young (26 years old). The kind of players we need.

Give me Zubi's job. With the appeal/connections our club has most here could do a better job IMO than shown in the last 5 years. Not kidding. That statement should obviously not be taken as praise! The amount of outrageous buys is astonishing considering that we are talking about supposed professionals who should not be concentrating on anything else work wise.
No way. He personifies everything I despise on a player. He is a great player, but this kinda gets secondary when you take his thuggish personality into account. Also, I wouldn't want somone who is worse than Pepe on my team. Hell no.

R

rivaldo10

i hope we get suarez

suarez in front of messi would help us so much and i think suarez only do this stupid stuff to get out of liverpool

I can see Suarez being more disciplined under the right manager.

Anyways, his temper is a problem, but I think he'd be a really good buy if we get him. He can play as a striker and (I believe) on both wings, exactly what we'll need if Villa leaves. Not to mention he's arguably the best player in the PL.

Aguero could be a good one as well though (but harder to get), not quite as good as Suarez, but he's 2 years younger and doesn't have the attitude problems. Still think I'd rather get Suarez, but Aguero would be a good option too.

DucdeOrléans

No way. He personifies everything I despise on a player. He is a great player, but this kinda gets secondary when you take his thuggish personality into account. Also, I wouldn't want somone who is worse than Pepe on my team. Hell no.

Flavia, trust me on one thing. You would not see those antics if he moved to us. The English are world champions for once in one thing in this world and that is exaggerating and generally targeting players in public. The Evra (arguably and even bigger cunt himself btw) thing started all this. Obviously many of his antics cannot be defended apart from idiots but my point is that those antics will not continue at FCB, should he move IMO.

From a pure football perspective then I really struggle to see how he is NOT supposed to fit into the team.

But well, that's just my opinion and I am by no means a fan of Suárez or the opposite. Just a neutral observer.

F

Flavia

Flavia, trust me on one thing. You would not see those antics if he moved to us. The English are world champions for once in one thing in this world and that is exaggerating and generally targeting players in public. The Evra (arguably and even bigger cunt himself btw) thing started all this. Obviously many of his antics cannot be defended apart from idiots but my point is that those antics will not continue at FCB, should he move IMO.
I highly doubt that. I don't think it's something he can actually control, it's his nature. Like pepe's. I mean, why the hell would you bite someone? Even out of the pitch, during a fight, it's a weird thing to do. He'd be great footballing-wise, as he is for liverpool, but he's too much of a liability. Not to mention he does that to his teammates as well. He would disrupt the dressing room, he's pure chaos.

loozy

He bites his teammates?!

Sorry, I haven't heard a bad word about him from the Liverpool- dressing room and he seems like a nice lad off the pitch.

F

Flavia

He bites his teammates?!

Sorry, I haven't heard a bad word about him from the Liverpool- dressing room and he seems like a nice lad off the pitch.

Hahaha, no. But on that video he shoots the ball far away during training, because he was upset with something the other player did. He's short tempered and too crazy for my liking. Just imagine him playing a clasico, with pepe and ramos pushing his buttons. 5 match ban everytime?

DucdeOrléans

I think you are way too harsh Flavia. The biting is something very outrageous to do on a football field and in general. I think that we can all agree on that. I mean players such as Zidane also had their unfortunate moments where they lost their tempers. Would still want them any day of the week.

I really believe that he would change if he moved. He would understand the responsibility of playing for FCB and he would be in a familiar environment and MOST importantly start from a fresh. Call me naive but I would not be surprised to see him improve tremendously on that front regardless where he moves.

Yeah, when I have seen some of his interviews then he seems like a normal character and I have not heard about him causing problems in the dressing room either. Whether in Liverpool or Ajax. All that has happened has happened on the field. It would be a completely different story had he shown the same behavior during training or even worse outside of his profession.

Hahaha, no. But on that video he shoots the ball far away during training, because he was upset with something the other player did. He's short tempered and too crazy for my liking. Just imagine him playing a clasico, with pepe and ramos pushing his buttons. 5 match ban everytime?

LOL. I can already imagine that. A funny thought indeed:lol:

Last edited:

loozy

Meh, I like him and his playing style and think that he would be quite a good fit for Barca. Maybe I am a bit biased because of being a Liverpool-fan but he is quality. Something completely different from the nice guy approach and the clash with him and Pepe would be epic :p

F

Flavia

I think you are way too harsh Flavia. The biting is something very outrageous to do on a football field and in general. I think that we can all agree on that. I mean players such as Zidane also had their unfortunate moments where they lost their tempers. Would still want them any day of the week.
Suarez has quite the history of doing despicable things, though. It wasn't an isolated incident. He's from the same mould as Pepe.

Meh, I like him and his playing style and think that he would be quite a good fit for Barca. Maybe I am a bit biased because of being a Liverpool-fan but he is quality. Something completely different from the nice guy approach and the clash with him and Pepe would be epic :p
He is top quality, I never said otherwise. But even so, I don't like to see him at Barça, because his full package is not worth it, imho.

Kerrybai

I think that his character could change at FCB.

Would it really though? Are Liverpool known for breeding poorly disciplined players, players that are thugs? I'm not sure our club philosophy etc would change Suarez.

I do think he would be a great player for us though, however with Neymar coming this season we certainly won't be entering the market for Suarez.

Jenks

Flavia, trust me on one thing. You would not see those antics if he moved to us. The English are world champions for once in one thing in this world and that is exaggerating and generally targeting players in public. The Evra (arguably and even bigger cunt himself btw) thing started all this.

Most people were introduced to Suarez' cuntery when he robbed Ghana of a World Cup semi final. He's been a prick in Holland, a prick in England and a prick for the national team. He'd be a prick in Catalonia too.

DucdeOrléans

Was he really a cunt in Holland though? I remember 2 situations. His first bite (LOL) and a reckless tackle. Otherwise I do not recall/think that he was a troublemaker. At least that was not something that was talked about.

Every sane person would have done that against Ghana. I would without thinking for a second. Can't see how that could be blamed on his character. We are talking about the biggest football stage. The World Cup. Something that only happens every 4 years. He did something that was not allowed and took the punishment = he was sent off and Ghana were awarded a penalty. As they should. They missed and that's really it. Looking from Suárez' perspective than that was the best choice he could have made in that situation.

Never understood the crying about that situation IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans