9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Was he really a cunt in Holland though? I remember 2 situations. His first bite (LOL) and a reckless tackle. Otherwise I do not recall/think that he was a troublemaker. At least that was not something that was talked about.

Every sane person would have done that against Ghana. I would without thinking for a second. Can't see how that could be blamed on his character. We are talking about the biggest football stage. The World Cup. Something that only happens every 4 years. He did something that was not allowed and took the punishment = he was sent off and Ghana were awarded a penalty. As they should. They missed and that's really it. Looking from Suárez' perspective than that was the best choice he could have made in that situation.

Never understood the crying about that situation IMO.

That penalty is the only thing I think people overreact about. He didn't rob anyone on that. It was more a reflex than anything, and he got punished. Not his fault ghana failed to convert the penalty as well.

Galning

Was he really a cunt in Holland though? I remember 2 situations. His first bite (LOL) and a reckless tackle. Otherwise I do not recall/think that he was a troublemaker. At least that was not something that was talked about.

He was.
His nickname was even Schwalbuarez.

loozy

Luis Suarez
Very happy with this great win!!! Congratulations to all my teammates!!!! YNWA!!!!

Muy contento por esta gran victoria. Felicitaciones a todos mis compañeros!!!! YNWA!!!!

Kerrybai

Booed at the PFA awards, seems strange considering the room would have been full of journalists, managers, fellow players etc. He himself wasn't there but his name was booed.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir

I can vouch for what Galning said; bloody annoying player, schwalbes any day every day, provocative, just a very nasty player. Loved the fact he left in Holland, and boy I would HATE it if he would come to our club...

Tazim

Im Dutch.. followed him since he was with FC Groningen.. I think he was even worse with schwalbes.. even now the whole stadium sings "Suarez" when a player makes a schwalbe..

I remember one game vs Twente where the defender almost broke his leg and the ref thought it was a schwalbe.. :lol:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
That's what you get when diving endlessly every match. You will get hit and a ref will rule in favor of the one tackling. He owes it all to himself.

Kerrybai

So the football writers player of the year awards were decided, Bale won with 53%, Van Persie had 43% and Suarez received 2 votes, not even enough to make a per cent. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans