9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilberto

We will really need a CF when Villa leaves, which will happen. Sell villa + afellay + pedro/alexis and we could afford cavani/falcao/suarez/lewandowski or someone like them.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
His agent is related to Guardiola.
As Gilles said it's his brother... And that's exactly the reason why we didn't sign Suarez from Ajax. Pep didn't want the complexity of involving his family in his job. Suarez'd have been a beast playing for us but that ship has sailed. He's become too much of a spoiled brat playing for that talent forsaken club of Liverpool and his reputation has fallen too low for us to even consider repairing him and giving him a chance.

his agent told SSN that hes happy and has no plans to leave
He thinks differently. Today gave an interview where he was asked about madrid . He thinks its time for him to change atmosphere b.c England's press persecuted him , he thinks. In other words, he's leaving Liverpool for madrid to get away of the media . Lol

Gilberto

I honestly don't give two shits about how much of a "scumbag" he is. Fact is that he's the best striker in the PL, would improve Barcelona's attack tenfold, and has the balls and talent to take on his man which is something every forward bar Messi won't do.

I get your point, but I don't think I'd want someone with his personality, regardless of his footballing capacities.

Trickykid

He thinks differently. Today gave an interview where he was asked about madrid . He thinks its time for him to change atmosphere b.c England's press persecuted him , he thinks. In other words, he's leaving Liverpool for madrid to get away of the media . Lol

Yeah, he may wanna have a chat with Mou about that, when they cross path over the English Canal.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
BLiVyYQCAAACjYE.png

- We are sorry Luís Suárez but we already have many good strikers...
- I'll bite Messi!
- Welcome aboard!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Unlike the Torres situation I am more at ease with Suarez going to Madrid. Whatever happens I believe our future prospects are looking up. So I'll have no bad words to say about Luis at all.

You can't bask in Suarez's brilliance all season, proclaim him as one of the league and world's best players and then get pissed off that he wants to leave a club that have finished 6th, 8th and 7th in the league behind the likes of Newcastle and Everton since he arrived here.

World class players, which Suarez is, deserve a world class setting. He deserves to be playing somewhere where he can compete for major honours; every single honour available to him.

The news comes as no surprise to me. It's completely consistent with Suarez's character. The man is a winner. He is the sort of player willing to break his grandmother's ankles for 3 points. He is the one player that looks absolutely destroyed when we lose football games. For him to stay at a club that have lost something like in 1 in 3 or 4 for the last years goes completely against how he is as a football player.

Suarez owes us nothing. He could have easily gone last season; Kenny left and there was the fallout of the Evra affair. He didnt. He had other offers and decided to give us a chance. He did more than anybody else to make us successful this year; carried us through half a season. He never moaned about having a 17 and 18 year old next to him in attack. He never went crying to anyone that he had no backup for 3 months. He took on the responsibility on his shoulder and relished it.

I'll be gutted when he leaves; more than most. Suarez is, along with Barnes, the best player I've ever seen in Red. Win, lose or draw I take so much pleasure just from watching him play football. He is the most enjoyable and entertaining player I've ever seen play for us. I thought I was deeply in love with Fernando Torres, but I realise that I never knew what true love for a player was until we got Suarez. With Torres, there was no bad times, nothing to challenge my affection for him. With Suarez, the bad times made me love him more.

Further than that, the way the press and the UK in general have treated him reinforces everything I ever thought about England, it's media and the hypocrisy of those in positions of power (be it the FA or any other institution). But again, I dont believe that has anything to do with him leaving.

For me, we let him down. On and off the pitch.

Off it, Suarez came at a time where we've been the weakest for the last 20 years, on and off the field.

On it, we'll spend the rest of our lives thinking what could have been had we spent 76m pounds a bit more wisely than on Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam - although this season Henderson has proved me wrong and is my No.1 pick for midfield place ahead of Gerrard and Allen - God knows what could have been achieved had Suarez been surrounded by players like Coutinho, Sturridge et all... for more than 4 months.

As far as I am concerned, he goes with my full blessing. I've been expecting his departure this Summer since the United 3-1 Kuyt Kuyt Kuyt game in 2010. I could see how talented he was and how impossible it would be to keep him here without champions league football.

I'll remember him with great fondness. The cheekiness of Fowler, the tenacity and hard work of Dirk Kuyt, the back to goal brilliance of Kenny Dalglish, the flair of John Barnes, the dribbling skills of Mcmanaman, the heart of Steven Gerrard, the creativity of Peter Beardsley, the nastiness of Steve Mcmahon, the goal threat of Michael Owen, the star power of Fernando Torres aligned with the desire to use every single blade of grass on the football pitch that is unique to him.

God bless you Luis and best of luck.

ammarfcb

ze special one
>luis suarez leaves
>joins realmadrid of all teams

don't like it much but like Ed said he doesn't owe us anything. he has done great for us and i'll find excuses to back him when his at RM.
still hope it doesn't happen though because unless messi or ronaldo wanna take a pay cut there isn't any goalscorer good enough for liverpool atm to replace him

spark

>luis suarez leaves
>joins realmadrid of all teams

don't like it much but like Ed said he doesn't owe us anything. he has done great for us and i'll find excuses to back him when his at RM.
still hope it doesn't happen though because unless messi or ronaldo wanna take a pay cut there isn't any goalscorer good enough for liverpool atm to replace him

Do you think Sturridge could be that 30 goal man in the future if Liverpool make him their number one guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans