9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theconomist

Some people think football clubs are buddhist temples or something. Who the fuck cares if he's an asshole, he's a very good player in the form of his life. If there is even the slightest of chances that he comes to Barcelona then we should grab it with all hands.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Some people think football clubs are buddhist temples or something. Who the fuck cares if he's an asshole, he's a very good player in the form of his life. If there is even the slightest of chances that he comes to Barcelona then we should grab it with all hands.

It's the principle of it though. As long as he can keep a muzzle on his explosive behavior then I have no problem with him coming here. But I would rather have him here than at Madrid.

Samuel Eto'o

Some clubs bring out the bestin players and build character.
Some people love the fact that Barca are heavily reliant on Messi. If he comes Messi surely wont be scoring 100+ goals in a calendar year.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

There's a difference between being a Buddhist temple and not condoning a player who has bitten players and has had problems with racism and diving. We don't need the drama and the attitude and the wages for a player who isn't even guaranteed to succeed at our club.

serghei

There's a difference between being a Buddhist temple and not condoning a player who has bitten players and has had problems with racism and diving. We don't need the drama and the attitude and the wages for a player who isn't even guaranteed to succeed at our club.

:lol:

abual3bed1

He's no saint but you make him look like the biggest asshole in the world. His attitude has clearly been way better this season. He's focusing only on football and the results are magic. Stop bashing the player just because Arsenal couldn't seal his deal.

The Observer

Umm why not?

Ronaldo has scored 17 goals in 15 appearances this season, while Suarez has got 19 goals in 12 appearances; he even got more assists than Ronaldo in less games.

This is info I could've got without spending a second watching the matches. Once you watch them both, it becomes a no contest because Ronaldo only contributes statistically while Suarez does a lot more.

Indeed. In fact, Ronaldo has never shown this kind of form. Not that I remember at least, someone prove me wrong. Even his November form was completely overstated. He's currently on 12 goals from open play in 15 games which isn't special. Diego Costa has a better ratio. Suarez is on 19 goals from open play in 12 games. That is special. It is Messi level finishing. 1.58 goals per game vs. 0.8 goals per game, despite the fact that Suarez plays in a far inferior team. I refuse to count penalties when evaluating the finishing of strikers. That's just stat padding (we can count high pressure penalties but scoring a penalty against Zaragoza when already leading 4-1 is nothing else but stat padding). Looking more into it, Ronaldo has scored only 5 more goals from open play than Messi and Messi has missed more than 50 % of Barca's minutes. I can't believe they are going to give that guy a pitty Ballon d'Or by manipulating the voting process just so they can keep the image of an eye level rivalry intact.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Indeed. In fact, Ronaldo has never shown this kind of form. Not that I remember at least, someone prove me wrong.

Well, he technically has this season if you count his penalties and only start counting when he really hit form, count UCL and national team games too. 27 goals in 16 games, I don't think Suarez will surpass that, he needs 8 goals in 4 games and the next games are against Man City, Chelsea, Hull and Stoke.

But like Messi, Suarez is about a lot more than just goals. He assists, he pressures, he defends and fights for every ball. Not too shabby of a goalie either.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That's because he is. :shrug:

In overall attitude and personality he doesn't seem all that bad, pretty tolerable I'd say actually. He's just prone to semi-regularly doing something incredibly stupid and immoral. That does say volumes about him as a person being uncontrollable and turning into a turd at worst, but it doesn't mean that his behavior is consistently slimy and villainous.

He's an alright person with a hilarious/shitty dark side, not a negative person in general attitude.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Easily better than Ronaldo. If he can keep up his current form then it wouldn't be ridiculous for him to be compared to Messi either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans