Still true.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Never shows up in big games.

19 goals? 16 of them vs. the bottom 7

'10 Forlan > Suarez

Still true.

Has scored against Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Spurs, Everton so stop talking crap. Never shows up for big games? Must be smoking some pretty strong stuff :lol: Scored at Emirates, Old Trafford, Goodison, White Hart Lane LOL.

And I am truly pissing myself laughing at your suggestion that '10 Forlan is anywhere close to the current Suarez :lol:

Ghosting

Has scored against Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Spurs, Everton so stop talking crap. Never shows up for big games? Must be smoking some pretty strong stuff :lol: Scored at Emirates, Old Trafford, Goodison, White Hart Lane LOL.

And I am truly pissing myself laughing at your suggestion that '10 Forlan is anywhere close to the current Suarez :lol:

Suarez and liverpool fans will have to start dealing with people saying stuff like 'he isn't a big game player' because for every 10 goals he scores against a top club the one time he doesn't score everyone will be on his case. I mean Ronaldo and Messi still get that shit from time to time.

Ghost

^Of course he is. Just a bit overrated.

Out of how many matches? Yeah. He obviously shows up sometimes, but more often than not he is invisible when it's tight.

As for '10 Forlan, he is not close yeah, he is better.

Co0ter

The guy doesn't have a fantastic game (by his standards) and people jump straight here and speak rubbish lol

Regardless, he was still working hard the ENTIRE game and Liverpool's biggest threat. Kompany just had a beast of a game, and they were also getting away with a lot of shananigans in the box.

Man City closed up shop and defended the entire game after Mignolet's mistake- was really disappointing.

P.S. There is a very, very long list of players better than Forlan ever was. Suarez is on that list. I don't remember Forlan ever leading Man U, Villarreal or Atletico to victory either. And let's not pretend Liverpool's team is that much better than Atletico ever was....Liverpool is still full of mostly average players being led by a coach with belief and a few players performing out of their minds.

Last edited:

Ghost

Suarez and liverpool fans will have to start dealing with people saying stuff like 'he isn't a big game player' because for every 10 goals he scores against a top club the one time he doesn't score everyone will be on his case. I mean Ronaldo and Messi still get that shit from time to time.
1 'amazing' season and you're comparing with these two? They, consistenly, have been doing this shit for the last 5-6 years.

pEllee

Luis Suárez = Flat track bully

Well, not quite, he still does well against top teams but not even close to performing as good as he does against the inferior teams. That's normal though, if you're a professional player like Suarez who gives it his all every single game.

Ghosting

1 'amazing' season and you're comparing with these two? They, consistenly, have been doing this shit for the last 5-6 years.

Clearly not I said ' i mean ronaldo and messi still get that shit' saying if even those two have people doubting their big game play then there will people doubting Suarez. I agree Suarez current form has to be retained for another 5 years to be in the same breath as those two.

Co0ter

I don't think anyone is comparing Suarez to Messi or Ronaldo...they are clearly in a league of their own because they've consistently done it season after season for years. However, trying to knock Suarez presently is just ridiculous. The guy is playing incredible, and that's with him being surrounded by a very average team.

He's always been a great player; he just wasn't playing in a major league and he shined once someone took a chance on him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah I agree that he's been in excellent form, and he is a brilliant player, but he hasn't been doing it long enough to be compared to the top 2 attackers in the world. Suarez has just bloomed later I guess, plus he went to a big league a lot later too so it's not all his fault, but there's no doubts he's beasting and should definitely win player of the year if he keeps up this form.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
So did Diego Forlan score 10 goals in a calendar month in 2010 I can't remember? The same Atletico Madrid that were challenging for a CL place - oh yeah they finished 9th and 13 points behind 4th place Sevilla. The same Forlan who scored 18 goals in La Liga that year?

Forlan scored 6 goals in the Uefa Cup that season - which wasn't the highest tally in that competition.

2010 world cup Forlan scored 5 and Suarez 3 goals. Not much in it.

No one I think is suggesting he is as good as Ronaldo and Messi - certainly I am not. But currently his form warrants him being called as amongst that lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans